Gastric Bypass Surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• TriumphantLife
    TriumphantLife Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes I work for a surgeon that performs that surgery and it is in between the bypass and lapband as far as outcomes.
  • DDLY66
    DDLY66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery 5 months ago and I'm very happy with the results and how great I feel. If you can commit to the guidelines and exercise you will do fine. I'm at the point right now that I can eat anything with moderation. I just make sure I get the recommended amount of protein and water, take my vitamins and exercise. I've lost 67lbs since surgery and still losing with just over 40 left to go. I did a lot of reading on the Internet but I believe that most good bariatric clinics have informational seminars that may be helpful to you.
  • TriumphantLife
    TriumphantLife Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It gave me my life back!!!
  • GranP
    GranP Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. I have an appt to see the doctor but am not sure which type of surgery will fit me. I am a self pay so money unfortunetly has to play into my decissison.
    The post from Triumphant Life " It gave me my life back!!" sums up how I feel. I so want to live my life, not die early or end up just existing.
  • suebounds
    suebounds Posts: 4
    Options
    I have identical twin cousins who had GBP done. One stuck with it and is still thin, the other has not and is right back where she started, minus the weight of several thousand dollars.
    My SIL had lap band done over a year ago. She hasnt had complications and recovered quickly but she has yet to lose a single pound!she can only eat a very small amount and is very limited to certain foods.
    If you use the surgery as a starting point for a new lifestyle it can work for you, but it's only going to get you started. The question is can you hold yourself to maintaining the changes the will be necessary to change it from a quick-fix to a permanent solution?