Bad knee

Options
Hurt my knee and can no longer do what I used to do at the gym. I loved doing a class called body pump which works pretty much every muscle in your body and did that twice a week. Wondering what other type of routin would benifit me ??? Is it good to workout one body part a day ? Like say my arms then next day my back ? Not sure what to do at this point

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You really need a professional diagnosis for your knee and a pt routine/ remedial work (iif possible) designed for you.
    Knees are tricky things and I would hate to set you on the wrong track and have you damage it further.

Cheers, h.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    When my knee was injured initially, I did work with upper body and core. I was about to get ready to do more leg stuff, my knee got bumped again and hurt more the second time. I did go to a physical therapist to get it diagnosed and figure out what I could do. In order to keep my quadriceps from atrophying further (I was limping for 2-3 weeks before I saw the PT and injured leg quads strength was and size was different), my PT had me doing static quad leg exercises. If you are limping, you should consider see a physical therapist to be sure you understand what is going on with your knee and what exercises are best to start out with for your lower body.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Agree with the previous posters you need to see an Orthopaedic and a physical therapist about your knee. I have an arthritic knee that needs to be replaced and I do a Physical Therapy Program based around that knee.

My suggestion to you and I'm a Tony Horton fan try one of his workouts, P90 or P90X. They could be done at home or in the gym and he uses the muscle confusion principle where you work out different body parts on different days I absolutely love the program
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Get some minibands and strengthen your hips.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Has a physician checked that knee out? I tore my meniscus doing t25. So I have cut down on my high impact plyometrics, but I still run and spend hours on my bike. See a physician and take their advice
  • housejacker
    housejacker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Get some minibands and strengthen your hips.

Never heard of these... I’m going to google now lol

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Safasun wrote: »
    Hurt my knee and can no longer do what I used to do at the gym. I loved doing a class called body pump which works pretty much every muscle in your body and did that twice a week. Wondering what other type of routin would benifit me ??? Is it good to workout one body part a day ? Like say my arms then next day my back ? Not sure what to do at this point

fix the knee is the number 1 thing to do.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "Bad knee" isn't a medical diagnosis - get one and then decide the way forward.