How to get started

Options
What foods should I be eating more and less of on my diet? I am aiming to lose about 2lbs every week...

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week looks like a very aggressive goal if that's you in your profile picture, but as a grown adult that's your choice.

Eat the foods you like, in quantities that meet calorie and macronutrient goals, and furthermore promote dietary adherence, a sense of well being and if you so wish athletic performance.
  • DustinAllgood
    DustinAllgood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If your just looking for a quick list.

Any vegetable you want
    Chicken
    Eggs

As for foods that you shouldn't eat try cutting out sugar. Its in everything and it triggers cravings.
  • callyamills
    callyamills Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    2lbs a week looks like a very aggressive goal if that's you in your profile picture, but as a grown adult that's your choice.

Eat the foods you like, in quantities that meet calorie and macronutrient goals, and furthermore promote dietary adherence, a sense of well being and if you so wish athletic performance.

I have gained weight since that picture was taken, I am trying to lose weight quickly for an event I am going to in a few weeks as I only need to lose about 7lbs.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

I have gained weight since that picture was taken, I am trying to lose weight quickly for an event I am going to in a few weeks as I only need to lose about 7lbs.

If you only have 7lbs to lose then 2lbs a week is too fast. You'd do better to eat at a mild deficit and invest in some spanx.
  • callyamills
    callyamills Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Any vegetable you want
    Chicken
    Eggs

As for foods that you shouldn't eat try cutting out sugar. Its in everything and it triggers cravings.

Thank you!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

NOPE. This is woo. Unless there's a medical issue, no need to cut out sugar.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Any vegetable you want
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Well that is just too quick.
    A more useful list is:
    Any food you want.
    In appropriate amounts to hit your calorie and nutrition needs.

This is also not useful. If something is in everything, it's impossible to cut it out, and so the solution can't be to try that, could it.

2 pounds per week is way too much if 7 pounds is all you have to lose. You can lose up to 1% of your body weight per week, if you stick to an opimal calorie deficit.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Well....I'll tell you what I would do to drop a few pounds of vanity weight for an event. Plenty of fluids daily along with watching salt intake. I'd also limit foods that I know make me bloated when eaten in bigger quantities. For me it's breads and pasta. I've done this before and it helps me get rid of some water weight....

I agree that you probably won't get rid of 7lbs, but if you drop a bit of that water that makes us puffy it should help.