Pre-workout supplements

Options
What are your thoughts on pre-workout supplements and what is the best one to use?

Replies

• GaveYouPower
    GaveYouPower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't use em'. I rely on good old carbs & determination to get the job done.
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I find since I work out late (8pm) it helps me, I use c4 original currently. I an not very caffine sensitive so it get me through the workout but does not keep me up. I would like something more potent but using up what I have. If you want it try it, don't let people shame you for wanting to try pre workout or any other supplement. When I skip it I lag at the back end of my workout.
  • dirty559
    dirty559 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Straight Americano no sugar.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Like denato1 I'm an evening workout person and I use C4 . Doesn't keep me up but gives me a little boost
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Food! Quite often peanut butter :laugh:
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee. You're more than likely not a high level athlete and 99% of pre workouts on the market are quite literally fruity flavoured coffee with overhyped, under dosed supplements that truly don't benefit you more than a banana 1hr before and a cup of coffee 15-30 minutes before working out. The main factor in pre workouts is the placebo effect.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Caffeine pill... Occasionally l wash it down with hubby's c4 ripped, but usually just a 200mg caffeine pill with a glass of water
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Coffee, fitaid, or killcliff for me lately.

Before that I was on C4 or 1MR. Honestly I get the same energy level from a good cup of coffee. It does take me longer to get warmed up but I feel like I'm better in tune with my energy levels this way.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Cup of coffee. You're more than likely not a high level athlete and 99% of pre workouts on the market are quite literally fruity flavoured coffee with overhyped, under dosed supplements that truly don't benefit you more than a banana 1hr before and a cup of coffee 15-30 minutes before working out. The main factor in pre workouts is the placebo effect.

Someone stops in to get a coffee to go on the way to the gym and no one bats an eye, I drink a pre workout (same cost) and people say its the devil.

Bloody *kitten*.

Can you name everything in your pre workout along with their dosing versus the actual required dosing to see a benefit on physical output? I have no problem with pre workouts. I make my own from proven supplements using correct dosing.

• shrapnel083012
    shrapnel083012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depends on the results you want for a steady energy flow c4 sport for an extreme pump rhino black serious is top
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm hydrated.

Personally I don't need a stimulant, or a placebo.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I find the best thing to help me power through cardio is fruit (either a piece of fresh fruit or a small amount of dried fruit) and coffee. I have currently got some l-carnitine too but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I have breakfast before I go on my bicycle rides.

During the week, I have a quick after-work snack.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Someone stops in to get a coffee to go on the way to the gym and no one bats an eye, I drink a pre workout (same cost) and people say its the devil.

Bloody *kitten*.

Can you name everything in your pre workout along with their dosing versus the actual required dosing to see a benefit on physical output? I have no problem with pre workouts. I make my own from proven supplements using correct dosing.

For the ingredients I care about, yes.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Strange how everyone's "anti ergogenic aids" on this forum..

Anyway, I always take Creatine and Beta Alanine (you don't need to take them as a preworkout, I do as habit so I don't forget to take them). I can't handle anything with Caffeine Hydrous so on lifting days I'll take a non-stim supplement as a preworkout, usually either Hemavol or Vasosport.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I'm of the coffee crowd as pwo too. So, coffee.
  • Iwannabfit76
    Iwannabfit76 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Bloody *kitten*.

Your reply made me lol!

Just do some research and you'll get the proper pre-workout recipe. I stumbled on mine trying to cure myself of chronic pain and fibromyalgia flare ups. It irritates me when people say these supplements are a "placebo" when they have helped me more than anything else ever did. I posted this on another page when someone was inquiring but I didn't go into detail.
    Read about Agmatine and the benefits.
    That is my #1, I also use L-Citrulline and Beta Alanine.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Bloody *kitten*.

Your reply made me lol!

Just do some research and you'll get the proper pre-workout recipe. I stumbled on mine trying to cure myself of chronic pain and fibromyalgia flare ups. It irritates me when people say these supplements are a "placebo" when they have helped me more than anything else ever did. I posted this on another page when someone was inquiring but I didn't go into detail.

Beta alanine is the first supplement in a pre I look for. The tingling gets me ready for some serious training.
  • Iwannabfit76
    Iwannabfit76 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Bloody *kitten*.

Your reply made me lol!

Beta alanine is the first supplement in a pre I look for. The tingling gets me ready for some serious training.

Love the tingle lol