Fat loss journey-Building lean muscle??

Options
So April of 2015 I was weighing 138.0 range, in October of 2015 I moved to the city with all the resteraunts and was eating out every single day.. and going to the gym. WELL I was always in the 130s... but then getting into the routine of eating out all the time well I reached my highest weight ever January of 2016 I weighed 164... I was pretty devastated I was binge eating horribly. I moved back home where we didn't have much food places I lived in the country town and I tried to workout a bit and eat healthy and it was a struggle trying to get back in the 130s well I tried for a year and I never went down.. so I was stuck in the 160's and I had no hope left. So then February 12 2017 ( this year ) I weighed in at 161.0 I was upset.. still nothing was happening although my nutrition was a failure and I wasn't going to the gym regularly at all. So then February of this year I moved to Albany NY with all the food places and stuff to do, WELL I started going to the gym 5 days a week. I started eating " better " my not focusing on everything I ate bad but focusing on making sure I add fruits and veggies and water and protein and such to my diet. I do struggle here and there with wanting to allow myself to have a few bad food items but i allow myself in moderation because I do have a binge eating history. So now today... march 26th I'm weighing at 149.5!! I have finally gotten out of the 160s which was a MAJOR goal, and now I see the 140s range calling my NAME! Super excited to achieve the next goal BUT I need advice on how I should continue this.... my ultimate goal weight is 135-140. So far I have already lost 11.5 pounds... I'm also focusing on how I look and feel.

THIS YEARS 2017 stats
Starting weight: 161.0
Current weight: 149.5
Goal weight: 135-140
Height: 5'7
Current jobs- PriceChopper, target and Starbucks.
Activity level- 5 days a week at the gym.
Hours working out daily- 1-2 hours daily.
Body fat %- 25
GOAL- Lose fat, then build Lean muscle.

So February 12th 2017 I weighed 161.0
Today march 26 2017 149.5
11.5 pounds down in 6 weeks. So basically to round up my question how would you guys suggest me to keep going on this journey any suggestions to making sure I don't plateau and food ideas or meal prepping or ways I can avoid eating out 24/7 which doesn't happen much anymore, or how to juggle 3 jobs and stay on track with my nutrition any feedback works, t4piw0gv0hhk.png
vwjzi0i6zpnl.png
dq5apfpub7wr.png
Thanks for the support!!

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Congrats on how far you've come!!! You're doing great so far, so just keep up with your deficit. You don't say what you're workouts consist of, but you should be on a progressive overload weight training program. No waiting until you reach your goal weight. Do it now!

As far as food, pick a day out of the week when you have some extra time and precook a bunch of food for the week. You can divide it and freeze. I make a bunch of meat, bake some sweet potatoes, chop veggies, etc. That way you can just heat stuff up or grab and go. It takes some planning but makes it a lot easier to avoid eating out and the extra calories that go along with.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Congrats on breaking through the 160s and being well on your way to goal. Focus on planning out meals in advance if you eat out - look at online menus. Share meals with friends or order sides and protein based meals to avoid the creams and carbs. If you eat at home, stick to a few tried and true dishes for a while until you get the routine and add more as you go.
  • Anastasia017
    Anastasia017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been in the 160 range as well, I am now down to around 120-125 mark, I am struggling staying on the non binge eating wagon and finding time to work out, any thoughts? I could always use some friends for motivation. My stats are
    - age 33
    - work part time in a bank, so a lot of sitting
    - workout 3 times week roughly plus a bit of walking here and there, mostly concentrating on lifting weights with a bit of cardio here and there.
    - mom of two so crazy busy, not much extra time for anything
    - believe in eating full fats, no 0% and as clean as possible

Just frustrated I put on some weight and am feeling not so great about myself :(