Most difficult thing to do, change habits

Options
We are all creatures of habits and probably we want to loose weight because our habits weren't the right ones to begin with, so here they're a few things that are very difficult to make come true even if you don't think they are.

First of all, exercise and diet, are not just for periods of time. The best way to get healthy is to change habits.

MOST IMPORTANT ONE, eat at a table with no distractions besides having someone to talk and if you don't have that someone that's ok... this will take your distractions on what you're doing eating.

Think of food of something you have to do to maintain yourself alive, not something you live for.

Try always to leave the table wanting more, what i'm trying to say is that, it will always be better to stand up filling hungry, because that means you're stomach still have space to fill and living that space open is good, it helps with digestion and because the stomach is a muscle it will be contracting until it closes that space to push the food downwards, so every time it has to do this is will make the cavity less big, that means that you'll have less space to fill, meaning you'll get full with less food. If you do this progressively you'll get a smaller stomach, less quantity of food in your stomach to make you satisfied and you'll be loosing weight at the same time.

There's a law in physics that say, the bigger the cavity less pressure you need to make it bigger, so if you have a big stomach it will tend to get bigger with less pressure on it. REDUCE PRESSURE ON YOUR STOMACH

Try doing this, if you're eating with fork and knife, take a bite and put them both down cross or hide your hands from your plate and chew for at least 20 times, then swallow and then take them again to get your next bit, that will give enough time to your brain to process that you already have food in your stomach and that you don't need more food...

This are a few tips, feel free to comment, i'll be adding a few more things during the day, have a great one!

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    nice share - thanks!! Happy Friday!!
  • Jeens
    Jeens Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fine with what I'm eating at meals, my alcohol intake, etc, etc. My problem is snacking mid-afternoon and about 9 p.m. at night. I really am not happy if I don't have something.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fine with what I'm eating at meals, my alcohol intake, etc, etc. My problem is snacking mid-afternoon and about 9 p.m. at night. I really am not happy if I don't have something.

this may be a really stupid question, but how many times a day are you eating? (I eat 5 meals a day)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    dont eat in the kitchen , is also a good tip

youll find yourself going back to the fridge or stove and adding more food to your plate

I eat in the dining room, and fix my plate in the kitchen and I dont bring the food to the table, I fix a plate and then bring just my plate to the dining room table...........believe it or not, it works.............Im really full when I get up from the table

good post, thank you