Deficit query

Options
I only have ten pounds left to lose, i wondered if my deficit should now be smaller or should it still be 500 calorie deficit a day?

Replies

• merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Since you have so little to lose I would calculate it based on a percentage, such as 15% to 20% deficit from maintenance. 500 calories may be too much! For me my deficit comes to about 360 calories with a 15% deficit to lose about 15 pounds. If you cut too many calories it's hard to maintain especially when you're so close to your goal! It will take longer but it's much more sustainable. You got this!!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A 250 cal deficit would be ideal. With such a small deficit, accuracy is a must. Food scale and immaculate logging.
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if that's why I'm often hungry, maintenance seems to be about 21-2200 for me, according to the online calculators, how do I deduct 15%?
  • merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You take your calories of 2200 and multiply it by .15 so your calorie deficit should be 330 and your calorie goal should be around 1870. If you still feel hungry at this you can adjust. I would try 250 calorie deficit at first and see how your losing!