Mentally Ill Mom

Im 35, I suffer from Adult ADHD, Manic Bipolar Depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I take medication regularly that makes me tired all the time.
I am a single mom of 3 wonderful children 2 are disabled and 1 was born with a physical deformity.
I work full time.
I have very bad eating habits, I tend to binge eat, even when I'm not hungry and I don't like the taste of water at all.

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Welcome :)

MFP is a wonderful tool for managing our diet & health. We can often find supportive friends that share our circumstances & goals. By committing to a simple, modest calorie deficit (by plugging your stats into MFP and choosing a weight loss goal of 1 lb/week) instead of trying to change one's entire diet & lifestyle overnight, people in all sorts of challenging circumstances can achieve success with their weight loss & health goals. That being said, you have an awful lot on your plate and I hope you are utilizing all the resources available to you in dealing with it. I'm not adding new friends myself, but want to give your thread a bump in the hopes you might find others with similar challenges. You might also want to conduct a search in the forums for some of the specific issues you mentioned and you may be able to find others in a similar situation. I've done that before with specific health issues and had good success. Wish you the best :)
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't have any words of wisdom, but I'll pray for you!!!
  • MnTuna
    MnTuna Posts: 12 Member
    I am in a similar place only older and unsure of wisdom. I pray for you also. I pray for all of us on this journey
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Another bipolar 2 w/ anxiety Mom here. *hugs*
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Bipolar 1 here. No praying from me. You can do this.