Good news and bad news

Options
So I went to the dresser to get a pair of jeans out that I have had stashed for awhile. I put them on and the actually fell down around my ankles! I had set these aside when I was halfway through this weight loss journey so I would have something to wear. Well, oops...I was saving them for so long they have gotten way to big!! That's what I get for saving things cause I still think I am too big to fit in them. I am still wondering how long the mind takes to catch up to the body cause when I pulled them out of the drawer I was thinking - they might be a little snug yet for me but I'll try them on anyway.

Now, the problem is my dresser is all but empty as is my closet. I am afraid to buy more clothes because I am not done. But if I don't I may have to go naked, lol!! This is one of the best problems I have had for a long time....:bigsmile:

Replies

• dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    what a great problem to have!! congratulations!!
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I'm am so happy for you and I'm glad you have this type of problem to deal with!! Geat job! :happy:
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have the same problem but it is a GREAT problem to have. My closet is full of clothes that are too big but I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe and don't want to cause I still want to lose a few more pounds. I think I will have to invest in a belt for my work pants at least.
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    Wow - that's the best kind of problem to have!!!!! Congratulations! Have fun shopping!!!!!!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I also have the same problem.

I hate to say this but Wal-mart and thrift stores have been a god send fo me. For $40-50 I can get quite a lot of clothes (usually 3-4 shirts and 3-4 pants) to get me through my next tier of weight loss. I simply refuse to pay for "decent" brand name clothes at this time because I dont want to toss $250+ worth of clothes every month or two :/

However, my one luxury item I did spend money on was an underarmor shirt- I have been fascinted by UA stuff for years but have always been too fat to fit into anything they produce. As soon as I could fit reasonably well into one of their 2X shirts I spent the $45 on that and dont regret it.
  • kittylrogers
    Options
    That is such a great problem to have. Congratulations.
  • jesscsock
    jesscsock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, it is a great problem to have isn't it!
    I got a air of trousers the other day and looked at them and thought, no way am I getting into these, but they fit fine, in fact are a little loose!
    I think the mind definately takes a while to chatch up!
  • AnaBananaChan
    Options
    Congrats chica!
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news! But I hear yah on wanting to get more clothes. I happened to save clothes hoping someday I would fit back into them and I do but I dont have that much to choose from. I went through one of those deals that I wanted to get rid of stuff in my house and thought certain clothes weren't mommy material cause I was a new mom and got rid of a lot of nice stuff. Now I regret the fact I got rid of stuff but figure I will make due with what I have. Maybe just try to get stuff to hold you over for a bit but not go over board. Congrats Again!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You could perhaps thrift store shop for cheaper alternatives during your journey!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! Jeans that don't fit because they are too big is such an awesome feeling!!!!!

It is a predicament when your wardrobe shrinks but your journey isn't over yet. Its rewarding! Yes!! But also, uh oh I gotta find some clothes to get me by until goal.... My suggestion, find a burlap sack and a rope and just wear that around till goal!! haha Just kidding! :happy:
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have a cupboard and loft full of clothes that are too small and while part of my motivation is some of my old favourites I have also promised myself if - sorry I mean WHEN (had a rough week!) I drop a size I can have one new outfit. Then WHEN I have dropped two sizes I can have two new outfits. If by some miracle (like Jillian Michaels moving in with me for 3 months!!!) I lose three sizes then I am throwing out all my fat clothes and spashing out on a whole new wardrobe!!

I can't wait til I have a success story to post.
  • MarlenaLB
    MarlenaLB Posts: 50
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome. I have a closet full of clothes that is too small. Hopefully I will have the same problem as you and they will be too big soon..
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    congrats! Try picking up a few pieces from walmart and or thrift stores to wear temporarily.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!