so excited! ordering my HRM today...

Options
any tips or suggestions? I have never used one. I am moderately electronically challenged. Especially small electronics :-)

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    That is VERY exciting! I don't have any tips as I don't have a HRM yet, but I think when I do buy one I'll be getting a Polar HRM since I've heard so many good things on MFP. One thing I do know is make sure to get one with a chest strap as they're more accurate!

A HRM is a present I'm getting myself when I get down to 143 lbs (only 3 lbs to go)! :bigsmile:
  • jalemap
    jalemap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm so embarrassed to say this - what is an HRM? I must really be behind the times. Haven't looked into anything healthy for a long time, but am giving it my best shot now. Please explain!
  • KT0104
    KT0104 Posts: 33
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor :smile:
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor! HRM

I just purchased a watch.... she works great! :)
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've got a polar HRM and its super easy to use. I'm hoping my hubby will buy me one of the new nike GPS running HRM for my christmas so i can track my runs (well, attempt at runs). Im a gadget girl and love HRMs. Its a great motivator!! :explode:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love mine, Polar FT7, make sure you get one with the chest strap
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I bought my Sportline from Walmart for only 35.00. I love it so far!! And one good thing about Walmart, if it don't work the way you want you can easily take it back.
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my HRM...its such a motivator and you get an accurate reading of how many calories you are actually burning. I have a Polar FT4 and its been a god send!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!! I've got a Polar FT7 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I heard that there's a sale on FT4's somewhere..those are great too..whatever you get, make sure it's got a chest strap...otherwise, it might not be as accurate as you'd like!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4. Check out the website www.suunto.com. There is a test on there to see which one would best suit your needs.

I love my M4! Note: see profile picture. Only mine is not pink, it's a silver ring around.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportsline from Wal*Mart. It is not reliable at all. One day it said I burned 361 cals on the 30DS and the very next day it said I burned 150!! I worked harder the second day!! NO way I only burned that. Then last night it told me I burned 600 cals doing 30 mins of yoga. Um ... I don't think so.

I ordered a Polar FT4 from Amazon. It should be here next week and I can't wait!! :) I really want to get more accurate readings on my workouts! :)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    FT4 all the way i looovvveeee it.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    That is VERY exciting! I don't have any tips as I don't have a HRM yet, but I think when I do buy one I'll be getting a Polar HRM since I've heard so many good things on MFP. One thing I do know is make sure to get one with a chest strap as they're more accurate!

A HRM is a present I'm getting myself when I get down to 143 lbs (only 3 lbs to go)! :bigsmile:

That's awesome and what a great reward! I told myself I could get one when I lost 15 lbs as I would know that I am very serious about this journey!
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    I love mine, Polar FT7, make sure you get one with the chest strap

Yup I did. I have posted earlier and recieved a lot of helpful thoughts about what kind to buy. I got the Polar FT4 .
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    I LOVE my HRM...its such a motivator and you get an accurate reading of how many calories you are actually burning. I have a Polar FT4 and its been a god send!

I am so excited. I am pumped to see what I am actually burning. I don't like the guessing. i am having steady weight loss and have lost 16.4 lbs in 3.5 months (Im good with that cause I am changing how I think about food :-) and I have lost 6.5 inches all around in less time then that. I really want to target my calorie burn.

is it hard to operate?
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    I have a Sportsline from Wal*Mart. It is not reliable at all. One day it said I burned 361 cals on the 30DS and the very next day it said I burned 150!! I worked harder the second day!! NO way I only burned that. Then last night it told me I burned 600 cals doing 30 mins of yoga. Um ... I don't think so.

I ordered a Polar FT4 from Amazon. It should be here next week and I can't wait!! :) I really want to get more accurate readings on my workouts! :)

thats awesome! I am really glad I had good feedback here and didnt settle for something less then what would be functional for me.