On Day 5....liking it so far

Options
On Wednesday my "lady doctor" told me I was overweight. The plan I made was to start dieting in April. After she got on me about it, I decided to start dieting the next day. I synced my fitbit with MFP, and I am loving it so far. I have another doctor's appointment with my regular doctor for my yearly physical on Friday, and I cannot wait until weigh in! I usually fail at diets, because I look at the "big" number of pounds I need to lose and get intimidated. My goal is to lose 10 lbs at a time, and the first one I have it set up where it should be gone by the end of April. I think I can handle dieting for a month. After that, I am going to recalculate for the next 10 pounds.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think you have the correct idea. A lot of small goals can make big ones more mandible.

I started with counting calories for breakfast everyday for a week. Then lunch and breakfast, then all day calories for a week. Then 2 weeks and then a month. Suddenly it had been 9 weeks since I started and counting calories was no big deal.

Then did the same thing with exercise and suddenly I was over 4 months in and that final goal weight wasn't nearly as far.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It's all about making small life style changes over time.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    That's a good sign that you started straight away. Why wait until April you may have put more on moreby then!!!' Good on you sounds like you are doing great and I wish you good luck, the Fitbit will be very helpful to you. Good luck