Looking for a full body weight workout to do at home

Options
bombamy2
bombamy2 Posts: 20 Member

Hi

Im looking for a full body home weight work out to do at home.

I have a bar, weights and dumbbells oh and a bench.

Any help for a beginner would be great.

Thanks

Replies

• Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stretch first, then start with moderations of light weights then slowly work your way up, do a lot of in place running, jump rope and seat sit ups.
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had great success with the P90X programs. P90X3 is awesome to start with since it is shorter 30 minute workouts. I use it as a maintenance program now, and have moved on to Insanity to burn the last few stubborn pounds.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts or Starting Strength are great beginner/intermediate programs.
  • keriannshields
    keriannshields Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try fitnessblender.com, they are a husband and wife who have hundreds of free at home workout videos of all activity levels. You will not be disappointed. I've been training with these videos for over a year and I love them. They also have a new video every monday morning.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of lifting programs, see which ones you can make work with what you have.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try fitnessblender.com, they are a husband and wife who have hundreds of free at home workout videos of all activity levels. You will not be disappointed. I've been training with these videos for over a year and I love them. They also have a new video every monday morning.

What a great resource, especially for beginners! Thank you for sharing, I'm saving this for later :smile:
  • bombamy2
    bombamy2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Thankyou all!!! <3
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Youtube is a really great resource for workout videos, there are loads on there, if you type in what you're after you will definitely get results. At uni, I wanted workouts I could do that wouldn't irritate my downstairs flatmate, I looked up 'low impact workouts' and got thousands of results. Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper have some workouts on there, and websites like PopSugar have some too. Honestly, it's such a great place to find all kinds of workouts of all levels. But I like to workout while I'm watching something like anime or a film on Netflix, so I would advise maybe going on Pinterest and doing the same kind of search, then printing or writing out the routine. I hope you find what you're looking for!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love all body simple workouts that can be done at home! Been doing them for years although I like the gym too. I belong to a group of ladies who post them daily in a free private group. I can't post them here but it looks like you have enough in the comments thus far which I think are all great too! Have fun.
  • imgr8stmom
    imgr8stmom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try LesMills Body Pump. I've been on my WL journey since Jan 18th and have lost 15 lbs doing 30 mins- body pump 3-4 days a week. It's a fun barbell workout and works every part of your body.