Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Read this the next time someone tells you the only way to loose weight is to cut out carbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    _Bro wrote: »
    I can't argue with the title of this post but the referenced article was pretty weak.

It's a meta-analysis of 28 other studies, so how was it weak?

Already clarified -- the original paper didn't give the details of the included 28 studies. How the sample is put together really matters so IMHO that made the paper weak and really not possible to assess. Additional details have been have been posted but I've not taken the time to read through it..
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was insulin resistant pre diabetic last may. I'm the first to say I was eating way too many refined carbs. was it sweat potatoe no it was all the white flour products a d excess sugar.

I cut out sugar and wheat and keep my carbs around 100. I've lost 67 pounds and still have that much more to loose. I still count calories cause they count regardless of what Macro they are. On vacation I allowed myself some wheat products within reason...my joints were inflamed and I was constantly hungry. so I took it back out. I eat healthy grains and fruits and veggies and it keeps my hunger in check and I feel better. it works for me but something else might work for you.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Low carb dieters smell. They have a smell to them
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Xvapor wrote: »

Dat barrel of nail polish remover. I know the smell all too well from keto and RFL lifting sessions.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Xvapor wrote: »

:D