Anyone want to start 30DS today 7/20?

Options

Replies

• jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can I join you guys? Today will be day 3 of Level 1 for me, and I'm still super sore from the first two days, but it's supposed to hurt right? I'm trying to squeeze in a last ditch effort to get tighter before my 1-year anniversary trip to Cancun (Aug 8-12). I don't have the full 30 days in a row to commit, but I plan to do what I can until we go and then pick it back up when we get back.

Side note: Does anyone have any advice for how to limit the boob bouncing during the jumping jacks? The other "bouncy" moves are fine, but the jumping jacks just KILL my breasticles! I'm already wearing a regular bra with a sports bra on top of that...maybe triple D's can't be helped?
  • purpleprose
    purpleprose Posts: 650
    Options
    Side note: Does anyone have any advice for how to limit the boob bouncing during the jumping jacks? The other "bouncy" moves are fine, but the jumping jacks just KILL my breasticles! I'm already wearing a regular bra with a sports bra on top of that...maybe triple D's can't be helped?

Honestly, I'd invest in a really good sports bra. Lululemon makes a few really great ones that are pricey, but really worth it. I use the TaTa Tamer (I'm a 36DD, down from a 42H or I, so I understand what you're going through). Champion makes a good one, and there's a Wacoal one that came recommended as well. This month's Women's Fitness has recommendations, too, I think.

The key is to get a sized one instead of just the L, XL, etc.
  • SKINNYME1988
    Options
    Just finished!!! Actually not too bad :)
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for the info. I'll definitely be looking into Lululemon. I was trying to avoid the expenditure with multiple bras at one time, but it looks like I'll just have to make the investment. Thanks!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    If you work out every day, DEFINITELY have more than one in your rotation! The elastic and stretchy materials need time to regain their shape in between wearings. I have 2 or 3 of the more expensive ones for high impact stuff like running, and a few of the cheaper ones for days when I'm doing lower-impact work like walking or weights.

And I only wash them on the delicate cycle, cold water, hang dry, with baby laundry detergent. Those Nordstrom ladies give good advice - my bras (both sports and regular) last a lot longer now than they used to now that I'm caring for them properly.
  • srk143
    srk143 Posts: 27
    Options
    A little tip to the people that cannot stand jillian.....I find her annoying too..soo what I do is I put her DVD in the computer and play that on the side while watching TV....her exercises are pretty easy to follow and you just need to keep an eye out to her..:)
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start today. I've been on MFP for 4 months now, and have lost weight, however I haven't lost any inches. I'm hoping the 30DS will be the key in helping me to do that.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Day 4 (level 1) - Done!

I can't tell if my endurance is already improving or if I was just way more congested than I realized. (bad allergies or a mild summer cold hit me later in the day after day 1). Surprisingly, I'm not nearly as sore as I was on day 2. Maybe I didn't push as hard as I thought I did yesterday because I was feeling so yucky??? Other than that, although I have to do push-ups on my knees, I can do almost the whole 1st set. For the 2nd set of push-ups, I can hardly do just a few.

Happy shredding everyone!
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wore a regular bra, sports bra on top, another regular bra and then another sports bra on top. It helped but durn that is ridiculous. I for some reason can't keep the sports bra from rising up.

I am on day 4. For me day 2 was easier than day 1 but day 3 was harder than day 2. Maybe just from being sore. I am really having to talk myself into doing it tonight. Been a long day but gotta do it.

I have lost 3lbs so far and I am just on day 4.
  • estufte
    estufte Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I just started today but I'm excited to join all of you! Day 1 went pretty good, although I was tired after the first set of pushups. I'm pretty out of shape, so I'm hoping Jillian can whip me back into shape. Hopefully you all can help keep me motivated to keep going. Looking forward to 'shredding' with all of you!
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    I was shocked last night when I finished day 2 with a few modifications and then got on the elliptical for 10 minutes. I was proud of that.

I finished my day 2 tonight and got on the elliptical for about 15 minutes! Go us!

So I'm super sad to realize that I cant do Days 3 and 4 until probably Sunday and Monday... I'll be out of town camping (which will provide other workout opportunities like Kayaking and walking) but I really wanted to do all 30 days in a row to see if I could do it... and the weekend after I'll be out of town too :( I wish there were a way to bring it camping with me...
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was shocked last night when I finished day 2 with a few modifications and then got on the elliptical for 10 minutes. I was proud of that.

I finished my day 2 tonight and got on the elliptical for about 15 minutes! Go us!

So I'm super sad to realize that I cant do Days 3 and 4 until probably Sunday and Monday... I'll be out of town camping (which will provide other workout opportunities like Kayaking and walking) but I really wanted to do all 30 days in a row to see if I could do it... and the weekend after I'll be out of town too :( I wish there were a way to bring it camping with me...

:) I just finished day 4. I didn't get on the elliptical today but I did walk in place for 10 minutes afterwards. I know since I have so much to lose I need more cardio than anything really.

I want to do the 30 days in a row as well but I can not do this exercise in front of my husband. Just can't bring myself to do it and on his 3 days off I am just not sure what I am going to do yet. So I may end up having to skip a few days but I am going to try real hard not too. If I do skip some I will do the elliptical those days.
  • megskin15
    Options

I want to do the 30 days in a row as well but I can not do this exercise in front of my husband. Just can't bring myself to do it and on his 3 days off I am just not sure what I am going to do yet. So I may end up having to skip a few days but I am going to try real hard not too. If I do skip some I will do the elliptical those days.

Pshhhhh kick him out of the house for 30 minutes :)
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    great job everyone! keep it up! finished day 2 today (after a 7 mile run, not my brightest idea) - jillian is kicking my butt!!!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    I started yesterday :) Go 30DS-ers!
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm all set to do Day 3 today, but I am so sore I'm really going to have to talk myself into it. I've been doing the program in addition to my other workouts. My calves are killing!

I still need to measure myself and take some pictures. I want to be able to see how far I've come.

I already told my boyfriend I'm kicking him out of the living room for 30 minutes this weekend. It's the jumping jacks I don't want him to see, lol!
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    I did day 2 this morning and it feels like my arms want to fall off... my legs are killing me too!
    But yay, I love it!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    hey purplerose - i am a runner too and training for a half marathon so i'm doing that as well. i run mondays, thursdays, and saturdays with short runs sundays and tuesdays. i also elliptical wednesdays, swim fridays, and do a workout class tuesdays. it's definitely going to be tough doing all of that WITH 30DS (i'm already sore!) but i think its manageable

This was helpful, thank you! I went running after work yesterday (I do the 30DS in the AM) and enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how I felt about 2 workouts/day, but it's something I can definitely keep doing, at least for the short term. I just need to remember to eat a lot more during the day because I was sitting with a ton of calories at night and I like to stay close to my daily net goal.

Did Day 3 this morning...shoulders are killing me from those raises!!
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i'm running a race tomorrow (it's a 5k, which isn't too bad for me but it's going to be hotter than blazes) and i'm nervous about doing day 3 tonight and being sore for my race. so far, i havent been TOO sore but i'm definitely feeling it - i think i'm going to try to do it and hope for the best tomorrow morning. wish me luck!

and great job yall! we are going to rock this!
  • megskin15
    Options
    YAY I was able to sneak in L1D3 today before leaving to go camping! I'm really happy I was able to! I wanted to quit about halfway through, and almost did, but I kept going and I'm glad I pushed through it. I guess tomorrow will be a rest day- back to shredding on Sunday :) Have a great weekend everyone!