I hit 200.

So, I went to the doctor for the first time in a few years for a physical, and found out I had hit 200 lbs. I knew I had gained weight over the past 3 years or so, but this was a wake up call. It sucked to see in my file that in 2012 I was 131lbs, then 150, and 3 years later, 200 on the dot. I've lost weight before, successfully, but I've never had to lose this much. I'd like to get back to 150 at least but I feel so far away from that, and it's intimidating. Not to mention life has been rough the past few months, being in school full time, going through a breakup, trying to find an new job after getting fired, and as of yesterday, being put on anxiety medication. I feel like I'm trying to dig myself out of hole with no energy left. I guess I'm just looking for some support and pointers on how to get back on this track. I'd like to have lost at least 10lbs by my checkup in a month. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    One year ago , I got on the scale and was back uo to 205.6 lbs. I had been 207 about 4 years ago and lost about 20 lbs. but put it all back on. So last April, I made the effort to start again. I've lost 31 lbs. I've got a long way to go but I'm going to keep at it. So I guess my is to keep going even when it's daunting. And don't beat yourself up if you go over your calories on some days.
  • karenzehob
    karenzehob Posts: 87 Member
    @errigrg thanks so much for all of that, not going to lie it brought tears to my eyes! It's nice to hear about somebody who was in the same boat.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Keep moving forward. There is a lot of motivation here.
  • leigh199538
    leigh199538 Posts: 40 Member
    Looking for friends so that together we can encourage and motivate one another. Please feel free to add me.
  • xSydney_Raynex
    xSydney_Raynex Posts: 30 Member
    I am in actually almost the exact same situation. Seeing 190 on the scale at the doctors freaked me out and now I'm here and super serious about this. Feel free to add me if you want, I think it helps having people with similar goals to talk to. :)
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    I was in denial for years. A month ago I was about 228 pounds, now I'm 215. If you want support from someone else around the 200 range looking to drop into 130-150, feel free to add me :smile:
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Me too I am 170 trying to drop down to 150:) feel free to add me
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    I'm just starting up again. How do I add friends? Thanks.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Same thing here. Doctors scale said 193 and I thought " ok, thats is just too much". I had to just bite the bullet, buy my healthy lunch and breakfast to take to work for the week and just START one day. 3 weeks later, after I had time to adapt to alot less food, I started some cardio. Not crazy cardio .... only about 20 mins 3 to 4 times a week. 10 weeks later, I have lost 18 lbs. Its a great start and I can see at this point that I can do this and AM GOING TO do this. The first week is the worst but just hang tight and it does get easier! I will send you a friend request :smile:
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Honestly I clicked this thread to offer you congratulations. There are so many people in this site who've started at a weight much higher than yours that hitting 200 is a real milestone.

I recommend reading some stories and getting inspired rather than feeling lousy about it. If others can do it with so much further to go than you, you can too!
  • karenzehob
    @tabletop_joe I know, I realize that and it made me bad. But having gained 60 pounds over the past few years, this is a high weight for me, personally. But thank you for the inspiration!
  • karenzehob
    @l911jnt your story inspired me!! It's only day 2 for me, but so far so good.
  • karenzehob
    Thank you everyone
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    I estimate I will be at 200 by June 30 at the rate I am going now! LOL My next milestone is 220--that puts me in the OVERWEIGHT BMI range. 30 weeks= 63 pounds.
  • karenzehob
    I estimate I will be at 200 by June 30 at the rate I am going now! LOL My next milestone is 220--that puts me in the OVERWEIGHT BMI range. 30 weeks= 63 pounds.

That's awesome!!! Right now I'm in the Obese category. Hopefully by next visit it will be overweight. But congrats and you can do it!!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Don't dwell on categories. And concentrate on losing that first 10 lbs. Add me if u like.