How to lose 16lbs fat in 8 weeks??

Options
Any tips on how to lose 16lbs fat in 8 weeks? Current macros 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat= 1500 cals. I have already cut from 1800 to 1500, showing veryyy slow progress.. 2lbs in 6 weeks! Need a faster cut. Used to only do weight training with 10 min cardio every day. Now do 45 cardio, virtually no weights! No changes! Help!! Holiday in 8 weeks!

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What is your current weight?
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    2 Lbs of fat per week is 7000 calories used over what you are currently eating. That is an average deficit of 1000 calories per day. You can either reduce your calories by 1000 calories per day, increase your activity by 1000 calories per day (highly unlikely you'll get all 1000 through activities), or some combination of the two.

I can easily burn 500-700 doing an hour of max heart rate on the Arc Trainer at my gym. On those days I would technically be able to only reduce my calories by 300-500 and still fall within my 2 lb per week weight loss goal. On days I don't work out I would need to adjust my calories accordingly.

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Liposuction?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Go back in time and start three months ago at least.

If this is all you have to lose, this isn't going to happen, not in any way that is healthy.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Liposuction?

Seriously? It can take 4-6 MONTHS to fully recover from this "surgical procedure". The last thing liposuction is is a quick fix
  • LDSilva216
    LDSilva216 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

11.2 and 5'4 x

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    nrbutton wrote: »
    Liposuction?

Seriously? It can take 4-6 MONTHS to fully recover from this "surgical procedure". The last thing liposuction is is a quick fix

It was a joke. Just like trying to lose that much fat in a short amount of time through diet and exercise is unrealistic for most people.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    nrbutton wrote: »
    Liposuction?

Really? Wow. One more reason to not go that route. Not that price, the thought of anesthesia and admitting to people I had it done weren't enough reasons!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    LDSilva216 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »

11.2 and 5'4 x

I think it would be difficult to lose 16lb in 8 weeks based on your current weight. You could however fairly easily lose 1lb a week. If you are disciplined you might lose up to 10lbs in 8 weeks.

You could try reducing your carbs which might help to lose water weight but keep in mind that as soon as you raise your carbs back up you will regain most of that water weight.

Predicting how much weight one can lose in a set length of time is difficult if not impossible. There are just too many variables. Losing 16lbs in 8 weeks is possible I just don't think that most people will think that the side affects of doing so is worth it. 16lbs might be reasonable for someone that has much more weight to lose than you do.

Good luck but please be smart.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    https://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see

Especially the last paragraph... :) Whether or not you're worried about having a "bikini body" for your holiday or just worried in general, relax.

Find a swimsuit that flatters you, and enjoy your trip. Try to eat a little less and exercise a little more before you go if you want to, but don't count on losing a certain number of pounds by then. I presume you'd like to be healthy enough to enjoy your holiday rather than weak or ill so that you can't? Desperately trying to lose that amount of weight in such a short time will probably put you in the latter category, so take it easy.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ditto on what everyone else said. Just keep to your calorie limit for that span of time and you'll lose some of the weight you'd like but not all 16 in that time span.

It's frustrating that weight loss is a slow process. When I get down about slower progress, I always just remember that time will go on regardless of if I still to the calorie goals or not. So I'd rather just keep at it because it'll be better down the line!
  • Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    https://mic.com/articles/89705/there-s-a-new-chart-on-getting-a-bikini-body-that-every-woman-needs-to-see

Especially the last paragraph... :) Whether or not you're worried about having a "bikini body" for your holiday or just worried in general, relax.

Find a swimsuit that flatters you, and enjoy your trip. Try to eat a little less and exercise a little more before you go if you want to, but don't count on losing a certain number of pounds by then. I presume you'd like to be healthy enough to enjoy your holiday rather than weak or ill so that you can't? Desperately trying to lose that amount of weight in such a short time will probably put you in the latter category, so take it easy.

That was a refreshing article, thanks for sharing!