Girl says HI :)

Options
Hey everyone,

I just started myfitnesspal and I am a little worried that I will stop keeping track of everything after a week or so. That has always happened with everything I tried before. It just slides out of my hands and I stop visiting the website.

Any tips there?

Hope you guys are doing great!

All the best from Veramazing!

Replies

• MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I really thought that I would also stop using this after a few days. But it becomes my obsession! I try to plan out my entire day eating using the calorie counter. Then I don't find myself staring into the cupboards wondering what to have for a snack or what to make for supper. I also really enjoy that I can estimate my calorie burn on things like cleaning, mowing, even grocery shopping!

Best wishes!
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've added the MFP app to my blackberry and ipod touch so its easier for me to keep track of what i eat. Its great to come online when you can to get others to motivate you and chat :wink:
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I agree with MarieRich, I am now obsessed with logging on mainly because of the friends that I have on this website who have encouraged me to hang in there and keep up the great work...Sometimes just being interested in what others are saying and viewing your friends diaries or listening to other struggles who may have the same/close to the same weight problems you are having may help you out. This is now my lifestyle and I cannot believe I stuck with this for as long as I have.

Congrats on your weightloss journey :flowerforyou:
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone the app helps a ton, and make tons of friends on here, we try and keep each other motivated, with that being said feel free to friend me :)
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This website is pretty addicting. I think once you really start using it you will find how much fun and useful it is. There are only websites I have used and would stop after very short time but this one is seriously addicting to me. Make sure you add friends so you have a support group. I think that is the big difference between this site and others. When you have support it makes it so much better. Feel free to add me, we can all use extra motivation.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    I've added the MFP app to my blackberry and ipod touch so its easier for me to keep track of what i eat. Its great to come online when you can to get others to motivate you and chat :wink:

This is how I actually found this site, via IPOD application, then I started going online to see what else it had to offer. Im so glad I did :bigsmile:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You just have to decide you want to do it and make it a part of your day! If you truly want to do this, you will!!!!! I do skip days here and there, especially weekends, but I am committed to my own success Monday - Friday! On weekends I am able to judge my calories and do well on my own. I started this site inorder to track my calories. now I need the support I get from everyone and to be there for the friends I made on here!
  • veramazing
    veramazing Posts: 27
    Options
    Wow! Thanks!!
    That was very helpful. We're all sitting in the same boat I guess :P

I will try it and see how it's working out.

Unfortunately I don't have an iphone or a blackberry or something similar, so I am stuck online.

Well, I'll let you know how it's going, haha :D
  • sara0322
    sara0322 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone or an android phone definately download the free app- it's super easy to use, and syncs instantly with the online program. You can even post results to facebook or twitter, if you feel like that would help you be more accountable, or get support from others. Also, you said you tend to just stop visiting the website, so try setting it as your home page, so it's the first thing you see when you open your browser (tools -> internet options -> type in the web address and click ok). My last suggestions is to try something new- like blogging or using message boards more frequently- and hopefully that will bring you back on a regular basis!
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    Add friends - we will bother the crap out of you if we don't see you updating for a while! LOL I'm in Raleigh - I'll send a friend invite over to you... B
  • veramazing
    veramazing Posts: 27
    Options
    You're right. Just made that page my start page.
    Safari>Preferences>Set to current page.

I have a mac, haha xD