Very stuck.

Options
rhysglover
rhysglover Posts: 17 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi all!
I need some help. And some answers hopefully ☺️ I recently lost around 2 stone with the help of a trainer, and after a recently holiday I've given up completely. I spent around 3 weeks binging, and I've got back into my old mindset. I don't believe I can do this for some reason, I wake up and give up practically straight away and binge as I don't believe I can loose this weight. I'm by no means overweight, I just want to look better. I've gained around 8 pounds, which is making me feel terrible about myself. I don't even want to leave the house. I depend emotionally on food, and when I'm bored it's straight to the freezer. I really want to get back into it tomorrow, even though I say this every night with a stuffed belly. How do you all overcome this? Please help me! If I could just get through one day I'd be chuffed!

Replies

• pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert, I started a new program only two weeks ago. But... It helped me to rid my house of all things unhealthy, since I know I'm too lazy to go out and buy more. This has helped me tons, all I eat is within my program because of it. I also overcame thinking about food constantly by drinking more water/tea when a craving kicked in. So far it has helped too, by drinking water I can differentiate if it is a craving or hunger, or boredom. It's not much, but it allowed me to stop feeling stuck. :)
  • ProgressNotPerfectionIAmEnough
    Options
    Hi rhysglover. Is there something you can get excited about or interested in? A hobby? An event to look forward to? I eat when I'm bored, so lately I've been trying different art - sketching, watercolor, reading, writing. Is there anything you enjoy that requires using your hands so you aren't so tempted to be eating? Maybe if your feelings are so strong that you don't want to leave the house... maybe you could talk to someone and figure out why? Also, I've started saying out loud that I can. (Even when I don't believe it.) We tend to believe the lies we tell ourselves that tear us down because we are so used to thinking them. Maybe if we intentionally start telling ourselves that we can it could help? I don't have the answers, but I just wanted to say that you aren't alone.