JesLyn_
JesLyn_ Posts: 6 Member
Best low calorie cocktail to order out?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Shots for me... :drinker:

www.getdrunknotfat.com is a great website for alcohol calorie information.

In general, a shot of hard liquor and a diet soda or other 0 calorie situation will be lowest in calories.
    I think a glass of wine is a 150 cals a glass (don't quote me on that).
  • JesLyn_
    JesLyn_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vodka tonic doesn't have enough flavor for me.
    I need something with some taste. I swear I've gained ten pounds in cider over winter.
  • steph_runn44
    steph_runn44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I always get a vodka water with a lemon. It's low calorie and I think it's really refreshing. It's also helped me to eliminate a hangover because I drink so much water.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I personally drink margaritas but they aren't low calorie unless you make them with the sugar free stuff.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Not assuming you didn't know this, but just as a general FYI, tonic has calories, so if that is of concern, stick with soda water.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I usually get a vodka soda with lime... but it's pretty tasteless, IMHO. #doesthejob
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I too get Vodka, Soda & Fresh Lime, if you get decent fresh lime it does taste :smile:

If you're looking for an actual cocktail, a mojito that is light on the sugar would be quite refreshing.

@lporter229 as another FYI you can also get Low Calorie/Diet Tonic water.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Scotch or wine. They put water in when they make it.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I personally like IPA's, but since I have a lot of weight I'd like to lose I assume that's not the very best choice...

Somebody should look into a protein beer.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My son's gf who is very fit and always watching her calories orders vodka water with sweet & sour mix.
  • dennisTee
    dennisTee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Old fashions
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    KnoxNurse wrote: »
    Vodka tonic doesn't have enough flavor for me.
    I need something with some taste. I swear I've gained ten pounds in cider over winter.

I love cider...
    Try vodka and soda with a splash of grapefruit or cranberry juice and a lime wedge
  • PBAUSA17
    PBAUSA17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light Margarita - 130 calories
    1 ounce premium or silver tequila, 1/2 ounce Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur, 1.5 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice. Shake with 3/4 cup ice; garnish with lime.

This is a Friday favorite and delicious.
  • Padookahead
    Padookahead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vodka(regular or lime vodka), diet tonic, squeeze of lime. Refreshing!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Try a flavored vodka (mandarin orange, raspberry, watermelon) and if possible a flavored seltzer water (it's what I make at home, but don't know if bars have flavored seltzer water - they often have some flavored vodkas these days). Then it's just about 97 or so calories if it is one shot of vodka.

Wine is about 125 - 150 calories per 5 oz glass (depending on the wine). Make it a spritzer with seltzer water and a lemon or lime, and you will drink more than 5 oz for the same calories as a single glass of wine.

Light beers are typically under a 100 calories.

A bourbon and Coke Zero would also be just the calories of the shot of bourbon (also ~97 calories). Same with a rum and coke zero/diet coke.
  • elsiescanyon
    elsiescanyon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vodka, kombucha (I like grapefruit Kevita) soda water and a lime. Great flavor!
  • Sjanneyr
    Sjanneyr Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Try adding a splash of coconut water to some cocktails. It's pretty low in calories (compared to juices etc) but certainly adds taste! White rum and coconut water over ice is pretty good and a half cup of coconut water is only about 15-20 calories.
  • slturner71
    slturner71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Crown, neat, diet back
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Instead of going to the lowest calorie, get something that lasts longer like good sipping scotch or quality tequila.

In my youth I would pound shots, beer or mixed drinks but a quality neat pour would slow me down so less calories by the time I left.
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Baccardi and cherry Pepsi Max - 55 cals