The Last 10 Pounds

Options
I'm only 10-15 pounds away from my goal and this has been the hardest part for me. I recently hit a plateau, which was probably the most frustrating thing on the planet, but luckily overcome it by adding more intense cardio into my fitness plan. Can anyone relate? Any tips on getting rid of these 10 pounds quicker? I'm eager to reach my goal, haha!

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself your new goal is 20 pounds away. Then when you drop the next 10 easily, laugh and say, "Psych!"

But seriously, tighten up your logging and just keep at it. Maybe give yourself a few days at maintenance to readjust.
  • KuchieJr93
    KuchieJr93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady! Might be a pound a week! But that's something. Don't starve yourself. You know what you're doing just keep up with it. Cardio is your best friend!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    It does just take a long time.
    It took me 3 months, cutting my exercise feedback by 50 cals.

If you are going more intense with your exercise and not eating those calories back, what do you think will happen when you hit goal and drop the intensity?
    You will start slowly gaining, or have to drop your maintenance calories to compensate.

Look at how you are going to deal with it long term. It may be better adding in something less intense like a 30 min walk, or losing a little more slowly, but knowing you are going to maintain at an activity level that is acceptable.

Cheers, h.
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It's better to lose weight slowly than at a fast rate so you don't rebound. Increasing intensity and resistance, it may be time to change up your workouts if your body is accustomed to the same thing. Don't be afraid to lift those weights! Adding resistance training helps kick things in gear.
  • deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, heavy weights are the way to go
  • christiantripodi
    christiantripodi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do both strength and cardio training. Maybe I just need a little more patience, haha