Any tips on staying fit between work and family?

Options
I work unset hours.
I have a new born and an 1 and half year old.
I get little sleepland over stressed so I lack motivation and will but I hate the weight I put on.
I started at 145 I am now 185 I hate myself so much right now.

Replies

• sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I split my workouts when I don't have extra time like first thing in the morning I'll do cardio then later on I do strength training. Try some high intensity interval training workouts or tabata where you alternate between 20 seconds of max training and 10 seconds of rest do 8 rounds of that, this way you get more done in less time!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    No reason to hate. Same thing happened to me and I'm a guy. My daughter was a year old before she slept all night. It was miserable. Gained weight, lethargic. But I'm in better shape at 56 than 36.
    What kind of workouts are u doing?
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Two things, first be kind to yourself, self hatred makes it hard to look after yourself, 2 something is better than nothing so if all you are doing is pacing while holding your child that is strength and cardio combined
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Keep your diet consistent if workouts are few and far between. And remember, take it one day at a time.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and a calorie deficit
    Try and drink some extra water i have found this makes me less tired
    Be kind to you
    Put the kids in a stroller and go for a walk
  • sam_ibrahim13
    sam_ibrahim13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't put to much stress on yourself! Try not to think about the weight now. Focus on your babies and try to get the diet right. I was in the exact same position last year. Felt terribly unhappy but just tried eating better (more to boost energy than anything) I've lost all my baby weight now, I was shocked if I'm honest when I weighed myself when my youngest was 9 months! Be kind to yourself this is the hardest bit but doesn't last long! Time to workout will come, I work out 3 times a week with ease (mine are now 3 and 1 year)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Eat healthy and a calorie deficit
    Try and drink some extra water i have found this makes me less tired
    Be kind to you
    Put the kids in a stroller and go for a walk

THIS^^ Taking the kids out for a walk helps you lower stress and gets them some fresh air and can improve their sleep. When my kids were small most of my exercise revolved around them. Things like crawling on the floor or picking up toys together or using your kids as weights.
    Also there is nothing bad about taking some time for you. One night or day a week have someone watch the kids and go out to a movie or take a long calming bath or shower or do a yoga class or even a long nap - whatever you find relaxing.