Struggles during ur period?

Options
Anyone have issues with weight gain or bloating issues during their period while their trying to lose weight?

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Cravings and weight gain, but as soon as it's over i lose that weight.
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's so annoying!! My weigh in and measure day is a Monday morning and I'm 2lbs up today because of my stupid period. I know I have not gained 2lbs in the last week and my body fat measurement has gone down (which brain ignores because weight has gone up haha!) but it's still incredibly annoying!

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yes, this week has been frustrating but I've been doing this long enough to know the weight will come off a few days in. I gain half a kilo or more every time!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If you look for problems, you'll find them. Just carry on as normal. Keep an eye on your weekly calories rather than daily.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes. I really only lose weight on day 2 or 3 of my period. Then it stabilizes for month with tiny tiny losses.... Then a big whoosh a month later.
    I also have a really hard time around ovulation with cravings.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Most women experience weight fluctuations from hormonal water retention, don't worry about it. Trying to drink a little more water when you're feeling bloated may help.

Weight loss isn't a straight downward line it will have peaks and troughs.

During my own cycle I can be up and down as much as 5lb from day-to-day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't, neither while losing, gaining or maintaining weight.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I move up to maintenance when I get cravings and lower them again after AF. Otherwise, I'd be miserable. I'm still (averaging, not daily) losing at a very good pace.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The week leading up to my period (PMS time), I might gain a little because of the munchies (I get them bad with PMS) and water weight. Then the week of my period I lose nothing. Then, the day after my period ends I lose 2 pounds overnight. Repeat every 28 days. Ugh. Weight fluctuation is normal. Stick to your goals and you'll be fine!
  • kiwi_kisses
    kiwi_kisses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use evening primrose oil (pill form) take them a week before your period and you won't get any symptoms. No cramps, headaches or cravings for me.
  • katepauul26
    katepauul26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today 6lbs heavier than i did on thursday, it's super frusterating!
    i just try to be gentle on myself that week. sometimes you need to indulge a little to prevent a binge!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It's annoying but at least I'm hydrated. I found a period-tracking app helps me know where I am in my cycle so I can figure out if I can blame my cycle or not.
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am STARVING 2-3 days before, so I allow myself to eat a tad bit more. Then I don't gain or lose anything for a week. Then after the week I drop 2-3 lbs. it's a frustrating week but since I know the trend I try not to let it bother me. It's the trying not to over eat and snack that's the hardest.
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get extra hungry during ovulation? I've felt unusually hungry the last two days and now I'm thinking it might be due to ovulation... I haven't noticed the same thing during the actual TOM though.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I didn't use to but I notice it more now. Also I get very snacky a day or two before. Since it happens every month I just carry on and don't stress about it if I'm sticking to my cals.