Need suggestions for a new pre workout?

Options
I was taking C4 Ripped, but I wanted to try something new. I tried Hyde over the weekend & OMG it literally felt like it was burning a whole through my stomach. I had to lay down until the feeling passed. It wasn't on an empty stomach either. But I am up for some new suggestions.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Strong coffee and a banana
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options

I already do that.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What kind of workout? Cardio? Weights? Other?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    What kind of workout? Cardio? Weights? Other?

I do around 2 hours in the gym a mix of both.

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »

I already do that.

I don't understand why you would want or need anything else.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

I already do that.

Well I guess that's why we all do what works for us personally.

• denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    C4 original is a little more go then ripped, beyond lit is ok, stay away from assault got nothing out of trying that
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I like MusclePharm Assault. Pretty good balance, doesn't provide as big of a pump as others I've tried, though gives a nice even bump in energy that doesn't make you feel jittery.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Amino Energy is great , there is only a small portion of caffeine but plenty of L-arginine and Beta-Alanine to push you through the wall..
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

I already do that.

Well I guess that's why we all do what works for us personally.

If it's working for you, why are you looking to change? I'd like to understand why/how it works.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use Complx5 and find it to be a good pre-workout..
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ENGN EVL - blue raspberry or green apple
  • cbrimer87
    cbrimer87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    Amino Energy is great , there is only a small portion of caffeine but plenty of L-arginine and Beta-Alanine to push you through the wall..

I also use Amino Energy- SO good. Not too much caffeine, great for endurance.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Right now for my 3 heavy weight training workouts/wk I'm using VaporX5™ Next Gen by Muscle Tech. Nothing pre workout for cardio, other than maybe a banana about 30 minutes beforehand.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I was taking C4 Ripped, but I wanted to try something new. I tried Hyde over the weekend & OMG it literally felt like it was burning a whole through my stomach. I had to lay down until the feeling passed. It wasn't on an empty stomach either. But I am up for some new suggestions.

Figure out why you think you need a supplement. Is your diet and sleep on track?
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you looking to get out of your pre workout. Stim or non stim? And what supplements and in what dosages are you wanting? It'll help narrow the list.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I don't begrudge anyone for taking a PWO, but I tend think they work more by placebo than anything else. Foam rolling is more likely placebo, but I find it helps me to warmup and get into my workout.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I don't begrudge anyone for taking a PWO, but I tend think they work more by placebo than anything else. Foam rolling is more likely placebo, but I find it helps me to warmup and get into my workout.

I love my pre, but I Don't disagree with you. Its part of the prep for the training session.
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with idealfit preworkout. No calories, carbs, or sugar, has b vitamins, natural caffeine, and some aminos. They also have a caffeine free preworkout
  • Doingthis4Drea
    Doingthis4Drea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amino Energy by ON. I like it and it don't make you jittery