Post menopausal ex gym bunnies

Options
I have spent my entire life dabbling with gyms, yoga, pilates, tai chi, aerobics, boxing etc. etc. etc. I've always loved it. So why am I suddenly carrying around a stomach and what can I do about it?? Are there any other women suffering from the same problem? I find that I have to eat less and excercise more.

Replies

• marciaroth
    Options
    I am in the same place you are. Never had to really worry about weight until menopause and now have the rolls around my abdomen that make me crazy. I have really cut back and only eat very healthy foods. I have to keep my calories under 1200 a day and still don't see progress. I just got pilates video that I began just this week to see if that would help. Very frustrating.
  • JackieCampbell1958
    Options
    Good luck with the Pilates video. I've just started daily yoga sessions and am going to double zumba classes twice a week.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    if you want to lose weight on your tummy you really have to lose body fat ALL over. so running/walking really helps, along with some crunches on the exercise ball would do the trick :D also, try limiting your bread and pasta intake because the yeast expands in your tummy.
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    I have to sound off here and say ditto!!! I've NEVER had fat on my stomach until early 40"s (I'm 48 now). Your metabolism changes with age and of course during/post menopause - curses!!!! It's very strange as I don't feel that I have the same body at all - my weight can be down, but my clothes don't fit the same. I've lost 20 pounds so far and that has helped reduce the jelly rolls. I posted the other day that I thought I was not flexible enough to do the "head to Knee" post in Yoga, but it was just my belly fat in the way - I can do it now YIPPIIE!! Friend if you'd like... B :happy: