Appetite Suppressant

Options
Hello I am looking for an appetite suppressant. I have binge eating issue and am trying to get in to see a dietitian but in mean time ive been looking into so much stuff. The main issue is gorging myself. I don't want to take adipex cause my blood pressure is high. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Brushing your teeth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yoga and meditation
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on why, is it a general lack of care/control or tied to something more mental/physical. Most of the time I used emotions as a way of giving up and not caring. Bad day at work? Ice cream, maybe some Whataburger. Or a lot... but I'm much better now about recognizing those moments and stopping myself. If it's linked to something more like @GemstoneofHeart had then talking to a counselor and dietician is the best route.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't mess with drugs unless you really have to. Don't mess with your appetite, you're supposed to have one. Instead, find out why you eat too much. Are you trying to restrict food? Are you eating to relieve stress or ease emotions or cure boredom? Is it lack of a good meal structure? No real sense of appropriate portions? Too easy access to certain foods? Address the real problem(s) and then look for the necessary solution(s).
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Fiber pills will help if you have that gnawing hunger feeling in your stomach.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Binging on food to the point of being physically uncomfortable or sick will not be helped by an appetite suppressant. If you don't already stop at "ok I'm not hungry anymore", why would medication designed to get you to the "ok I'm not hungry anymore" help the situation?

I'd be skipping the dietician and seeing a psychologist instead. The psychologist will have more training to get to why you are binge eating, a dietician (from what I've seen anyway) will try and sell you on a "perfect world" eating plan that would be hard even for a perfect person to stick to.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    If you have hypertension then I'd be very leery of taking an appetite suppressant. Most of the OTC ones are based around caffeine and other stimulants that will likely exacerbate your hypertension. Some people find intermittent fasting helps with appetite control so that might be something worth looking into. Also, most people don't gorge themselves simply because they are hungry. There are usually some other issues going on that lead to binge eating. If you are simply "hungry" all the time try filling up on low calorie vegetables.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    I'd be skipping the dietician and seeing a psychologist instead. The psychologist will have more training to get to why you are binge eating, a dietician (from what I've seen anyway) will try and sell you on a "perfect world" eating plan that would be hard even for a perfect person to stick to.

This.
  • kellysmith410
    kellysmith410 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello I am looking for an appetite suppressant. I have binge eating issue and am trying to get in to see a dietitian but in mean time ive been looking into so much stuff. The main issue is gorging myself. I don't want to take adipex cause my blood pressure is high. Any suggestions?

I also recommend seeing a counselor/therapist/psychologist.

It was only once I identified the source of my binging was I able to gain control over it and stop.