Cheat Days or No Cheat Days?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I practice IF so every day is almost a cheat day for me. Well besides the two days when I do 5:2.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Cheating is taking some unearned or undeserved benefit by unethical means, right? No part of this definition seems to apply to eating.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Using your words I have a "cheat meal", not day. It's just a meal, no special connotation, other than an evening out, and a break from the kitchen.
  • kiwi_kisses
    kiwi_kisses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days or meals. I stay away from it bc it becomes a habit for me way too quick. I can't just have 1 cookie.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have "cheat" meals/days too. I need it for the mental break. I do this weekly, usually on the weekends. I rarely go over my calories - but I work harder/do more cardio the days I know I'm eating out. So if I have drinks, appetizers, dinner and it equals 1400 calories or more for just that meal- no biggie. I still log everything.

People don't like it when you call it a "cheat" day. Define it however you like, just figure out what works best for you. As I said, I need the mental break on the weekend to stay on track during the week.

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I don't have official cheat days/meals, but I have situations where I know I'm going over my target calories for the day. I log it all, and aim to get back to my target average for the week. That means I try to keep a handle on how many delicious bbq ribs I eat at my husband's bbq practice meet-up, but I definitely eat a few hundred over my target.

I could find a way to balance every day to my target, but I don't want to. The flexibility to work high calorie days into my weight loss plan is very important to me continuing and not quitting.