Not new, but never introduced.

My name is Panda (not my real name, but everyone from professors, bosses, friends and my boyfriend call me Panda) and I've actually been on MFP for a while. I was doing pretty well for a bit, but ended up relapsing and gaining everything + more back. I think a lot of it was stress from moving out of my parents home for the first time, and in with my boyfriend (I'm 22). I'm going to college and working part time.

I feel as though I've been overweight my entire life. Though, I saw photos of myself when I was younger (around middle school, close to high school), and it didn't look as bad as it felt back then. Anyways, I'm just tired of being overweight and looking for motivation. I want to make the necessary lifestyle changes. :)

I started back up 2 weeks ago, when I weighed myself and noticed I had reached the heaviest I had ever been - 196 lbs. I now weigh 190.6. Not horrible for 2 weeks. :) Along with watching my calories, I've been trying to get active (my new apartment complex has a small fitness center that I go to, and I try to get out and go walking with my friends from time to time), and I also cut out caffeine.

Looking for friends, encouragement, and motivation.

Replies

• Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Hey Panda
    You've made a great start and well done on your loss so far!

Friend me if you like, there are loads of great people here to join up with & support each other

Good luck, and keep up the good work

Di
    :smile:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Hey Panda
    You've made a great start and well done on your loss so far!

Friend me if you like, there are loads of great people here to join up with & support each other

Good luck, and keep up the good work

Di
    :smile:
  • samuelette
    samuelette Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks! :D
  • modestalchemist
    modestalchemist Posts: 8 Member
    <3 panda! dude! we should walk the canal one day after the heatwave is over!