Exercises You can do While at Work

Options
Hello Everybody,

Does anyone know of where I can find quick exercises that I can either do at my desk or in my cubicle through the day and/or during my breaks?

TC

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk on my lunch break. But I'm not really into annoying my coworkers for an extra 20 kCal per hour.
  • SFarris829
    SFarris829 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tricep dips from a chair or desk, wall sits, pushups, leg lifts from your chair, lunges, side bends with a book for weight. There is a whole bunch of stuff you can do if you have the space/time :)
  • ca11herAlaska
    ca11herAlaska Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I keep a 45 lb kettlebell by in my office, and I try to get up and do something every hour or so. Sometimes it's 20 swings, or 10 goblet squats, or 10 push presses. The bell takes up almost no room.

Before I bought the bell, I would do incline push-ups on my desk (I aimed for 15 an hour), body weight calf raises (in sets of 20) or some air squats.

I also like to walk during lunch.
  • tamisteffens
    tamisteffens Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/health/workout-at-work/ You might be able to incorporate a few of these into your day, just to get you up and moving.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I wear a fitness tracker and try to get as many steps/floors in my day as I can. I take public transit or bike to work, walk to my 9th floor office, and go speak to people rather than calling or emailing them. I also either go to the gym or take a walk on my lunch break. I drink a ton of water so I get up to pee every hour.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I use a balance ball as my chair. Takes work just to stay in one place and not fall over (which happens once in a while).
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I get up every hour and walk up to the third floor and back. I do it more for the sake of movement than as intentional exercise though.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    I work in a 10-story office building, so I climb stairs. :)

I also walk as part of my commute to and from work, and walk at lunch.

And exercise after work.
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    how about resistance bands? cheap, portable and multi-purpose