New Jersey gal looking to get some support and share support

Options
I tried this site about 6 months ago and I did, indeed, loose weight but then a new job came with longer hours and no movement of any kind. I sit at my desk for 8 hours while my computer screen is facing my boss so she and my department are very 'open' to which one can not do 'desk exercises' at work. I just got a treadmill and have 'jogged' twice this week but we are in a heat wave now and to be honest, just going from my truck to the townhome I am too hot to want to workout. What a pathetic excuse! but it's true?! I have gained 50 lbs while in a 'new' relationship to which he is the type of guy to eat out and watch tv/play video games days on end. I got into a 'rut' of wanting to be with him and well, I ate out and sat around for 3 years now and NOW I am ready to get back to my old routine/habits. Once I get home, I typically hop on the tread and do at least 30 min, then eat then shower and then prepare for the next days work (iron clothes, make lunch, etc). I am typically in bed by 9pm most weeknights.

I limit my alchol intake to just one night on the weekend (use to make it a whole weekend thing but it's too much on my body, it rejects that kind of 'binge' drinking). I will be 40 years old this up coming May. My boyfriend and I are getting married in 2 years. I would like to loose this weight by then which is TOTALLY doable, I just want some friends and encouragement and I will do the same for you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    yes, we just love our desk jobs don't we???!!! It has also caused my rear to spread - it quite snuck up on me you know!!! LOL I'm in NC so the heat is just terrible here also. My dogs won't even go out to walk with me! I read a book a few years ago that talked about the benefits of exercising in the morning (I'm not a morning person at all), but I tried it and it's amazing. I do my yoga every morning, so at least I've done something every day. Counting the calories has really done the trick for me. My husband's favorite thing to do is eat and watch TV so i battle this every day!!!!

Good idea to get a handle on this now, once you hit 40 it just gets tougher! Friend me if you'd like, I find that's the best cheerleading I've ever had - my MFP friends are awesome!!!! B :happy:
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Hi! Cali girl here, 40 something, in a relationship with a desk job as well! I have MANY more pounds to go and not any friends(well, they have androids or ar "just too busy" to log in) so please add me as a friend, I'd love to help motivate as well as be motivated!
    Good luck to you!!