What do you do/watch/read/listen to for motivation?

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have had MFP for a while (with little success), but I have never used the "community" aspect of it. I think that is the missing piece for me.

Outside of MFP, I have found a couple YouTube and Instagram channels for weight loss/ fitness ideas and motivation. I find them helpful and would love more ideas! What do you use? Who do you follow?

I'm open to any other suggestions for newcomers!

Kait

Replies

• racheldix92
    racheldix92 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kait,
    This is my first go around adding the "community" to my plan, too. I have been using the app called Insight Timer. There aren't that many sessions for weight-loss (there are some) but mainly, I use it to collect myself before a workout. I give myself a two to a five-minute session or listen to a short session to collect everything I want to think about during that workout. There are tons of sessions, it has something for any mood you might be in. Good Luck!
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I listen to a couple of podcasts. There are a bunch of free ones on the free podcast apps that you can put on your phone. I listen to one called 40+ fitness but you ladies don't look as old as me. (My pic is my favorite soccer player, not me). There are some others but can't remember the names. Also, the last time I was on MFP, I didn't use the forums, friends, etc. and I wasn't very consistent with the journal and quit after about a month. Also, a lot of the podcasts are short. 40+ gives a lot of tips, not a lot of how to type articles and most of it applies to any age.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The latest thing I'm listening to on my runs is an 11-hour program that's a best-of for 4 renowned success coaches. 11 hours of material will last me about 2 weeks of runs. Philosophies about how to succeed in life, and inspiring stories of everyday people succeeding, weight loss or otherwise, never get old for me.

Your library probably has an app for audiobooks where you can find some motivational stuff, and some fitness ideas.

But don't forget podcasts.

Personal finance guru Dave Ramsey has a 3 hour radio show that features people who dig themselves out of financial debt and win with money. You'll discover there are a lot of parallels between being in debt and being overweight. Not sure if that's your thing, but I enjoy it thoroughly.

(Full disclosure: I find that during cardio is the best time to listen to motivational material.)

EDIT: I wasn't totally clear: The Dave Ramsey Show, mentioned above, is available as a daily podcast.
  • Nanoo2013
    Nanoo2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I actually look at Pinterest before & afters, and read weight loss stories there for motivation! It's been very helpful for me!
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I watch My 600 lb Life when I need a reminder of what I don't want to become
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the MindBodyPump podcast - they're three pretty insightful guys talking about health and fitness. I also watch YouTube videos - I love MegSquats and Nikki Blackketter