what is your.... ?

Options
What is your favorite work out? A video? weight-training? running?

I *love* to wun (walk-run... or jog, I guess)
and I've recently started 30DS and I love/hate it. :D

What about you?

Replies

• mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    2 - 3 hours on my road bicycle on the paths through the hills up north of here in Quebec. Usually good for 1500+ calories and I feel great afterwards.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    A good outdoor jog/walk and Zumba tops the list!
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have two very different favourite workouts.

My first is an aerobic workout that involves a long brick session; e.g., 2 hour bike ride and then 1 hour run immediately after. You get so tired by the time you run and your legs feel like a brick but once you adjust it feels euphoric!!

The other is a ring workout session. Nothing like hanging upside down and performing levers and other fun movements you cannot usually do elsewhere :)
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Personally I just started doing a Pilates video in the comfort of my air conditioned home because it is too darn hot to do anything outside!! I have found I absolutley love Pilates and wonder why I did not do it sooner!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My favorites are the elliptical and Tai Chi. I hope to use the pool at the gym more when I go part time in the new year.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Zumba! I take a one-hour class 3 to 4 days per week and love it!
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Plyometrics and Chest, Shoulders, triceps from the P90X DVDs.
  • DTRTinAZ
    DTRTinAZ Posts: 29
    Options
    I am really enjoying Zumba at the moments. I have a energetic instructor that pushes the class to dig deep!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    So many people like Zumba! I tried it once and didn't care for it. I think it's time to give Zumba another try! Maybe I just didn't care for that particular class. I'm going to try a video!
    Thanks MFP people for sharing what works for you.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it work, more like play. However, my favorite is Tennis!

Currently involved with several leagues, which offers plenty of activity. Also, league tennis is more competitive (in the good way). When competing, I'm forced to stay focus, challenged to perform better, and always enjoy it. Essentially, I'm "pushed" to improve. Additionally, I get more of a adrenaline build up while playing as oppose to going for a 2 mile walk/run. Because of that, I find that I can play tennis for several hours.

At this point in my journey, I am more interested in burning calories and eliminating weight. (Eventually, I will focus on some strength training and speed.) I find that the calories per minute ratio for tennis is much higher than walking @ 4.5 mph (at least for my current body size).

Besides, Its just fun.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is my fav :)

For cardio it's either swimming or running depends how I'm feeling
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I walk almost daily (push for 10,000 steps daily) and I really like Zumba (prefer the classes but also have it for the Wii) and just started working out doing a circuit training at our town's community center gym.
  • Scott156
    Scott156 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hiking with a heavy pack and P90X Circuit workouts. I love that sculpting! I wish I enjoyed cardio as much but I really dislike most "indoor" cardio...
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My favorite is yoga. Second favorite is rock climbing, but I need a partner for that.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Cycling - I just love it, it's good for the mind and the body
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    hop hop dancing! Ain't nothing like it :D
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    playing basketball. I'll push and push way longer than just running.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    running...with two young kids at home, it is my "me" time!
  • bluefever
    bluefever Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love strength training. I love feeling strong while lifting heavy weights.

I also love BodyRock. TV work outs. Quick, Intense and they work for fatloss and core strength.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Skinny di... I mean swimming!