The Evil Scale

Options
Why is it that I have been totally honest about my food intake for the last two days. I have met my goals and feel better. But why when I stepped on the scale did it say I was 2lbs HEAVIER. I don't get it!!

Replies

• aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. Ups and Downs on the scale are normal.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sometimes u have to learn to ignore the scale... I have lost almost 60 lbs in the last few months, however there have been several times during that journey that I stepped on the scale to an unexpected weight gain... NO reason to fret... It's simply excess water/waste, random other body issues, etc... weigh yourself weekly to prevent these sorts of freak outs :)

If you are meeting your calorie and exercise goals, and you feel good, then don't let the scale be the thing that brings you down.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have evil trolls in my house. Sometimes I think they hop on the scale with me just to tick me off! :mad:
  • tampabobby
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate a lot from day to day for reasons beyond our control (as much as 5 lbs for me). you need to monitor your weight over a longer period of time than 2 days to figure out which direction you are actually heading. I've heard that a more accurate daily measurement is your waist size but I haven't tried it myself.

if you feel better you're obviously doing something right. I've noticed that when trying to give up unhealthy foods and carbs I over-eat healthy food for a few days while my body goes through the withdrawals. My weight doesn't change a lot at first yet I feel better right away since i have healthy energy in my system.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates for so many reasons. I find it less stressful to weigh less frequently. Think of it like baking something. Its best not to open the oven door every few minutes to see how it's doing. Set a time to weigh and stick to it.
    I've seen that the more often a person hops on the scale the more it mocks them..yes it is evil..don't let it mess with your mind..
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    From 1 to 10 on the evil scale I rate myself a.... oh nevermind... hmmmm.....

Honestly, don't worry about it, the scale will always spit crazy numbers at you depending on how much water you are retaining etc. I'll personally weigh up to 5 lbs heavier the day before, so just keep doing what you're doing and that number is sure to go down! GL!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Most women vary by up to 8lbs over the course of the month. For an honest measure, I would only weigh once a month, at the same time in your cycle.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Most women vary by up to 8lbs over the course of the month. For an honest measure, I would only weigh once a month, at the same time in your cycle.

Don't have "that" anymore, but totally agree with the weighing once a month. I've decided to weigh on the first of each month, then try to stay off of the scale the rest of the month. If I do weigh myself in between, that's not going to count. Only the one on the 1st will be the 'official' weigh-in.
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    Why is it that I have been totally honest about my food intake for the last two days. I have met my goals and feel better. But why when I stepped on the scale did it say I was 2lbs HEAVIER. I don't get it!!

I've learned on this site to celebrate something called NSV's - Non Scale Victories - do your pants fit a little better, have a little more energy? Don't use the scale as your only guide (it really is EVIL)... LOL :happy:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    I only get on the scale once a week, i actually dont own one in my house, I just weigh in at TOPS. I know I would drive myself nuts. Its hard because you want to see scale results right away. Be patient and eat healthy and it will work - really! You totally got this - dont get down!!! it will work out - drink lots of water too - that will help. :):flowerforyou: