Where u from and what are u doing to stay motivate?

Options
I am from upstate ny and thinking positive and hoping to get more friends on here to encourage me more.

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm in northern Alabama. My motivation is that I turn 50 in November and I don't want to weigh what I do now on my birthday!
  • lilchefmelissa
    lilchefmelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm from northern maine. My motivation is that I want to set a good healthy example for my children.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Toronto. My motivation is to manage my circulation issues, because if I don't, I've got a lot of serious infections and weeping wounds in my future, and probably a tolerance to antibiotics.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    California. To qualify for the Boston Marathon within a year. Pretty lofty goal (just started running again -- I've finished 5 marathons with a PR of 3:56) as I'm at least 10 pounds over my race weight.
  • RaenaLynn
    RaenaLynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Down South. My motivation is looking amazing when me and my husband go away for our anniversary B)
  • centurion1978
    centurion1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    California but in Washington for work reasons. Motivation is hard to come by at the moment.
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    California. I pay a monthly fee for a place that has classes 3x a week, so since it's so #@&!*(%^ expensive (relatively speaking), I treat it like an academic class.
    That, and I go before I fully wake up.
    Motivation comes from liking to not look like a chunk. Plus, running is a lot easier without a massive jiggle factor....
  • ElizabethHooper1225
    ElizabethHooper1225 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tennessee. I need all the help and support I can get!
  • elizabethhilbert
    elizabethhilbert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Diego, California! I'm seeing my family at the end of May for a wedding, and I want my weight loss to be noticeable by that time!
  • SnowChick17
    SnowChick17 Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Colorado here. My goal is to weigh what my driver's license says I weigh (about 60 lbs lighter :D )
  • owensbell
    owensbell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you like to run or are into cycling for cardio you can look up some 5ks or marathons in your area.
    If you have a goal that you're working towards it can really motivate you to lose weight and to get in shape. There's some great apps on your phone like Strava or MapMyRun /Map my ride that can help motivate you to reach your goals as well.
    I was really over weight and a walking heart attack waiting to happen at 36 years old.
    I knew I had to do something ,so I got back into mountain biking something that was fun so it wouldn't be such a chore and now at 44 years old I'm 175 and fit and healthy using endurance racing as a motivation throughout the year to workout and stay fit. Everyone is different, but I know for me if I don't have goals that I'm committed to, I tend to go off track. Good luck!
    One other idea that helps is writing down long and short term goals and how you plan to get there. Put it on a daily calendar and try and keep to it. If you know you have workouts planned ,and time figured into your day to do them ,your more app to get them done and reach your goals.