Week one

Options
Only through week one and its already getting hard. I'm trying not to revert back to my old ways but its deff tempting.

Replies

• mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!!! I'm in exactly one week as well. I'm still in my old ways. I eat chocolate still but I know I can't cut everything out right away. My mom suggested trying to not eat/drink something every week to take it slow. I'm trying to stick around the calorie limit the app has for me and if I don't hit it but am within several hundred calories I'm not too upset. You shouldn't be either. Eating and doing things a certain way for so long can't all be changed in a week. My boyfriend and I went to the grocery store yesterday and, trying to not eat all the stuff I want, all I wanted was chocolate and sugar. It was SO HARD. But I did it. And he denied me ice cream later because I had quite a few pieces of chocolate at the movies.. so.. it's working. you gotta let yourself have some room to breathe :) I'm here if you need to chat or have support. I know I definitely need someone! I believe in you and that you have strength.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Sugar has a powerful pull for sure! When I started (1/1) I had to go totally off of it...almost like a little detox. I still had fruit but that was it. Now I am ok having small quantities...a dove dark chocolate or something like that. The thing is, you have to decide that you are worth all of this. It's hard for sure, but so worth the effort! I have lost 17 lbs since the beginning of the year and I feel much better physically and mentally!

Good luck to both of you!
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5 pounds this week and sometimes I still think to myself can I REALLY do this? I have like 100 LBS to lose and I'm so far away still.
  • lilpete15
    lilpete15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to ask yourself WHY are you doing this? For me, it is to start to feel better. I'm not going to focus on the pounds so much as starting to get my calorie intake under control. If I do that, I think my eating will become healthier. I can't eat a ton of sugar and still be under the calorie level. Baby steps for this girl. If I looked at how much I really should lose, I would be way overwhelmed.
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You are already making great progress! It can take a month to make a habit so keep consistent at it. It will get easier. After a few weeks you'll feel stronger and it'll be like you've been doing it for years
  • bellajan17
    bellajan17 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 (this time around). I know it's hard, but we can do this!! Set little goals for yourself... it just takes time :)
  • mary_clinton6
    mary_clinton6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you lost 5 pounds! That's great.