fitbit issues

Options
Hey everyone, I started journalling again last week and had my fit bit flex synced, it was working beautifully until Saturday. Now when it synced it takes my steps and subtracts it from my calories instead of adding extra. I uninstalled it still didn't fix it. Any ideas? thanx

Replies

• Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The food tracking thing on fitbit, for me, has always been..... bizarre. I sort of worked it out (I think) and its workable but the layout is strange, to me at least. Anyway, does the flex have a button? Try powering totally down and back on. Other than that I would say to contact Fitbit support via chat, their tech can walk you through a number of different things to try to get it going again, they have been super helpful when I had issues.
  • jackiecuts
    jackiecuts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just went to the apps on my computer not my phone, and disconnected the fit bit from myfitnesspal and reinstalled it and for now it is working again, hopefully that will take care of the problem. Thank you for your advice.
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just went through this. And it's kind of complicated but here it goes.

You have negative calories enabled. Which means that if you haven't not done enough exercise to reach your goals, it will subtract the number of calories you should eat that day to still reach your goal.

For example, I have in my goals section to lose 2 lbs per week being a active 5 days per week. This, with my weight, will come up with the amount of calories I should be eating per day, which for me is 1310. If I changed my active days to let's say 3 days per week for example...but kept my weight loss goals at 2 lbs per week, it would lower my daily calorie goal.

Right now for me it's subtracting 110 calories from my total goal of 1310 because I have not done enough exercise yet to stay on track for my goals. If you think about it, even though it seems counterintuitive this is a very cool feature.

You need to either adjust your goals or exercise more to get that negative amount back up to stay on track for your current goals.

I hope that made sense. I have spent the last 3 days figuring this out so I had to respond lol.

Oh and if you want this feature disable go to settings then diary settings and disable.