Belly Fat

Options
I spin 2x per week. My arms and legs are toning, but my belly is still big. Almost, like the fat in my limbs has traveled to my mid-section??

Replies

• brxtt
    brxtt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try upping cardio. What's your diet like? That plays a big role, too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a body part that predispositioned to holding fat longer than everywhere else. You just have to keep losing body fat and it will go down.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. Overtime you should see results. I use to joke with my trainer that I was going to topple over cause my arms, chest and legs got really toned but my gut was slow to go down. His advice was just to keep working and really monitor my food etc. Spinning is great twice a week but if your gym offers any HIIT type classes it could help to get an extra burn.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It tends to be the fat that comes off last. All you can do is keep eating at a deficit.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, it will come off eventually.
  • srsrsrarah
    srsrsrarah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is always the last to go! You may need to do more specific core work to tighten your abs to get that flat look as well. I'm not sure spin is targeted enough.
  • jmg9656
    jmg9656 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I will keep working on my diet, and also check out other classes. After spring break, I'll head back to Pilates, too.
  • Savage__AF
    Savage__AF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Everyone is different and has an area of their body that is the last to lose fat. The belly is that area for 90% of the people on earth. Drink a *kitten*-ton of water and try keto at a deficit, and you will get there.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Savage__AF wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Everyone is different and has an area of their body that is the last to lose fat. The belly is that area for 90% of the people on earth. Drink a *kitten*-ton of water and try keto at a deficit, and you will get there.

No need for all the water (but drink enough that you are hydrated, or for Keto...

All you need is a prolonged reasonable caloric deficit, adequate protein, and some resistance training (the last 2 or to help preserve the muscle you already have, and will help ensure that ht majority of your loss will come from fat).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    Savage__AF wrote: »

All you need is a prolonged reasonable caloric deficit, adequate protein, and some resistance training

This^^^