CARDIO!!!

Options
I'm in need of new cardio ideas. I do alot of HIIT workouts and run. What do you do for cardio?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I own a fitness glider (length of service gift from my old place of business; when you hit a milestone anniversary, they gave you a catalogue to choose a present. I got this when I'd been with them for ten years.) I've worked my way up to 50 minutes on it, which burns just under 500 calories according to the machine's LCD display. I also take long walks at a leisurely pace.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I run a lot. I swim once or twice a week. And I walk a lot.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hiking, it's great fun. We do the most challenging trails we can find, take a packed lunch with us.

We also run, cycle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i run and bike
  • srsrsrarah
    srsrsrarah Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spin class. Good cardio and a bit of toning for your legs
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Walking and dancing are my favourites
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    indoor cycling classes please add me as a freind
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have a spin bike at home which bores the bejeezus out of me. Our gym has 30 min classes which are Interval-ish and more fun.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I swim and I walk. Used to do lots of aerobics-dance style classes, they can be really fun with a good instructor and good music
  • kellysmith410
    kellysmith410 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine or stair master!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells and cycling
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Boxercise is good too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I ride...varying intensities and distances...but I ride most days.

I also like the occasional hike in the mountains, but that tends to be more of a family recreational activity...I do a bit of swimming in the summer when I can get to the pool.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Running burns the most amount of calories for me so it's what I do the most (and I love it the most), but I do 1 day of non running cardio as well...usually stair stepper, elliptical, stationary bike, or zumba.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Jazzercize?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Pilates Reformer is the bomb, but expensive. I like to do It 2x/week as a compliment to running and lifting. It's calm and stretchy.

Not sure if it's HIIT or cardio, or neither -- but my new fave is doing a quick 3 mile run, then three sets of 25 kettlebell swings, followed by 25 push-ups -- quick, no down time. Then a 30 second pause between to do a child's play stretch and again and again.

it works practically every muscle, and really gets the heart rate up. I follow that with foam rolling for 10 mins -- so an hour all-in.
  • SweetHeresy
    SweetHeresy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    pqvs3aupajk7.jpg

Plus it's fun.