Pre workout powder. Ye or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lpaige89
    Lpaige89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It depends. Working out with an empty stomach can burn more fat while also limiting the impressiveness of your workout. Fueling your workout beforehand limits the fat burn but gives you energy to kill the workout program. Which do you want most?

thats not necessarily true, i read a great article citing a study that was posted recently on bodybuilding.com that fasted cardio is a myth. cardio is cardio and the difference is negligible.

nutribolics is my favourite
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    For me, I love my preworkout. As someone who gets up early (after late nights juggling a second job and university) and goes to the gym before work, i'm a zombie without it. Placebo or not, my workouts are better quality with it and having it puts me in the right mindframe to get in the gym - just like you associate certain smells with memories, I now associate the taste with going to the gym
  • Wakeup2014
    Wakeup2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love pre workout!!! Go for it!!! I use short term only and then cycle off and take a break...
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple preworkouts and didn't notice any difference at all so I stopped buying them. Coffee is all I have now.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lpaige89 wrote: »
    It depends. Working out with an empty stomach can burn more fat while also limiting the impressiveness of your workout. Fueling your workout beforehand limits the fat burn but gives you energy to kill the workout program. Which do you want most?

thats not necessarily true, i read a great article citing a study that was posted recently on bodybuilding.com that fasted cardio is a myth. cardio is cardio and the difference is negligible.

nutribolics is my favourite

I can confirm that this morning I did cardio before eating, some would call that fasted cardio. Therefore it is not a myth.

Fasted cardio has it's place for very lean individuals suffering with stubborn fat. Unless you are sub 10% for men and sub 17% for women then a normal calorie deficit is all you require.