Decent egg white recipes?

Options
Anyone have any good egg whites recipes? I have been making omelettes with spinach and tomato but the taste and texture of the egg whites is a killer

Replies

• officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Scramble them? And add veggies or slice up some turkey slices in them to make a mixed scramble.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Add two yolks.

This^^ the yolk is the best part.
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would just use whole eggs.. personally. Or I have seen some protein pancakes people use with egg whites before.
  • kmunghs
    kmunghs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes..I add oatmeal, cinnamon and berries to make a pancake..can add a whole egg too if you want
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I always add a whole egg to egg whites...otherwise they smell weird to me....eggs are awesome.
  • Glossberg
    Glossberg Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sometimes as part of a meal I'll have 3-4 egg whites, one whole egg, with some different spices at the end. A little Cajun seasoning, garlic, and onion powder for example gives it a boost in flavor. Add in some sautéed veggies (cooked in a separate pan) and it can significantly change the taste of plain egg whites.
  • Craignbigbear
    Craignbigbear Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I will be experimenting this week
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make my oatmeal with egg whites to get more protein. I can't really tell the difference in taste but I do stay full for MUCH longer as well as have an easier time hitting my macros
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Some crepes and top with fruit then drizzle with anything you like. For a protein boost add whey to the egg white batter
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Add at least one whole egg - it'll make a world of difference!
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why the need to eat only egg whites? I'm not being mean, just genuinely curious. I'm on 1200 calories, but 2 whole egg breakfasts are my religion... every day.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Meringues
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1 whole egg and a bunch of whites. It does make a difference.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Meringue.
    Otherwise I'd just eat the whole egg.
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I make a egg cup in the microwave...1 whole egg, 1/2 cup egg whites (or more if you wish) and a laughing cow cheese...microwave between 1-2 minutes. I throw red pepper flakes and other spices in there and it is delicious, low cal, high protein and the texture is nice and fluffy.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    toolzz wrote: »
    I make a egg cup in the microwave...1 whole egg, 1/2 cup egg whites (or more if you wish) and a laughing cow cheese...microwave between 1-2 minutes. I throw red pepper flakes and other spices in there and it is delicious, low cal, high protein and the texture is nice and fluffy.

Chopped up veggies too. This is a great way to make eggs.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Why the need to eat only egg whites? I'm not being mean, just genuinely curious. I'm on 1200 calories, but 2 whole egg breakfasts are my religion... every day.

personally for me because I'm on macros from a RD - 2 whole eggs would kill a chunk of my fat allowance for the day - I might do 1 egg and egg whites to supplement - but honestly, I don't mind egg whites by themselves
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Because I am allergic to egg yolks, I eat egg whites fairly often. This morning I added broccoli and cauliflower and shredded cheddar cheese.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    also for egg yokes - if you are on any kind of thyroid cancer treatment protocol, you may need to avoid yokes because of the iodine in them (totally random I know) - I had to do several periods of low iodine in preparation for treatment - which involved no yolks/no milk/cheese/chocolate (it about killed me!)