Guys, Do You Care About A Woman's Style?

Replies

• cdgallagher943
    cdgallagher943 Posts: 46 Member
    I only wear my yoga pants with no VPL. I think that fancies up the outfit.

That's a minimum
  • Jay606
    Jay606 Posts: 15 Member
    As long as she is happy then so am i.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    I mean aren't you attracted to guys with a certain style too... I don't know, there are guys my friends think are hot but I find meh and vice versa, I would expect it to be the same with guys.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Define style?

zb3gt8bb8ku6.png

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I've a friend who has purple hair right now and wears toga pants and jackets most times I see her. I'd suspect her husband is attracted to this style or perhaps he hits on me because I have a normal style?

Not a guy but isn't style what we see and judge as part of appearance? Wouldn't most have a particular style they like or are attracted to
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    I think it's natural to be attracted to a certain style. When you think about it it's usually the look that draws you in and the personality that makes you stay or go in any relationship.
  • daddybuzzkill
    daddybuzzkill Posts: 128 Member
    I guess it matters. My wife is hot no matter what, but there are certain styles of dress that just magnify it.
  • synchkat
    edited March 2017
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    Then I'm doomed... I wear sweaty workout cloths 60% of the day, my hair's a mess, my face red and puffy and no make up to hide it...

The other 40% I'm in a sports bra and yoga short at home or dressed in winter clothes cause I'm out doing something.

but what about people who like this style? fit is a style
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Typically I don't see a woman having just one style. During the work week, I'm professional to business casual dress (depending on if we have a General coming to the building). Weekends, I'm in jeans and a tshirt with a ball cap thrown in sometimes. I'll even be seen at Wawa in gym clothes because I'll stop on my way to the gym to get water or Gatorade.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Yes
  • synchkat
    I've been known to frequent grocery stores in full on stage make up cause I've stopped after a competition or I've worn a skating dress because I just don't want to have to change twice.

But really we should dress for ourselves and wear what make us feel comfortable. I do think though that our outer appearance does project an image, we are visual beings...we've all had our head turned by someone who is dressed nicely or is dressed in something shocking.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Maybe this is why people are surprised regarding certain attributes. I don't feel the need to dress any way for anyone. I leave the house often in a hoodie, jeans and gym shoes. I also have dresses and dress clothes and yoga pants and "goth clothes" and sweaters and sports attire and..... you get the point. I am a professional woman who has many different interests in life, but wasting money on expensive clothes or clothes that I think other people will like isn't one of them. If I can't impress you by my brain, my heart, my attitude, my work ethic, etc then you most definitely aren't for me.
    On the flip side, I don't pay much attention to what a guy is wearing unless it is pajamas in public or he is wearing a wife beater with cigarette holes in it.

errr.... how many cigarette holes?

and taco sauce stains are acceptable too, right?
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    99% of the time when I'm looking at a woman on the street, I am looking at the entire package: the attire, the shoes, the hair, the makeup, the manicure, etc. I love it when a woman makes the effort to put it all together, no matter what her personal 'style' is.

The other 1% is reserved for pure lust.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Style is being who you want to be not who society dictates you should be! I just think you need to take pride in yourself and that speaks volumes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Maybe this is why people are surprised regarding certain attributes. I don't feel the need to dress any way for anyone. I leave the house often in a hoodie, jeans and gym shoes. I also have dresses and dress clothes and yoga pants and "goth clothes" and sweaters and sports attire and..... you get the point. I am a professional woman who has many different interests in life, but wasting money on expensive clothes or clothes that I think other people will like isn't one of them. If I can't impress you by my brain, my heart, my attitude, my work ethic, etc then you most definitely aren't for me.
    On the flip side, I don't pay much attention to what a guy is wearing unless it is pajamas in public or he is wearing a wife beater with cigarette holes in it.

errr.... how many cigarette holes?

and taco sauce stains are acceptable too, right?

No cigarette holes! Taco stains are acceptable if you are bringing me tacos. If you ate them all before you showed up then keep on driving....

just checking; no wife beaters and no cigarettes. no worries

also....

I would be honored to bring you tacos, I damn sure would

• jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Yes - sounds shallow. But I have been with woman who can dress well and others who dont. And for me showing up someplace with a woman who is put together in all ways is a turn on. Not to say around the house I give a rat's rear end what they wear. I dont - 90% of the time around the house I am in shorts and sweatshirt. But I am talking when having to go out and about or to a function.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Leenizi129 wrote: »
    Style is being who you want to be not who society dictates you should be! I just think you need to take pride in yourself and that speaks volumes.

Agreed. Be who you are and you will attract the right people. I honestly couldn't give a *kitten* about if a guy likes my "style" - which changes day to day anyways. If someone is judging me, they probably aren't a person I want to grace with my presence anyways. *sips coffee*

I know you didn't ask, but as a woman, I don't have a particular style I'm attracted to in men or women. Mostly it's confidence, sense of humor, and overall friendliness that I find attractive. And that comes in a range of styles :wink: