Food Prep Ideas

Options
I am fairly new at this looking for some advice on menu ideas for food prepping. I do like a variety in foods and microwaveables aren't really the avenue I want to take even though it's easy.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's tough if you don't want to eat left overs. I make a batch of homemade vegetable and turkey chili and freeze it. It makes a healthy and filling breakfast.

I also will eat, for dinner, a homemade turkey taco with a half slice of pepper jack cheese, 2oz cost-co's turkey breast ( I eat a lot of that where you slice it yourself), a soft corn taco shell, Sriracha, and 1/4 of an avacado.

Lunch is a homemade salad with lettuce, 1/4 avacado, lite ranch dressing, little shredded carrots, and 2-2.5 oz turkey. It keeps me full till dinner. I eat that 4 days a week.
  • EmmanniBear
    EmmanniBear Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good actually. I'm going to try that. I appreciate the support. You have no idea how much it is needed.
  • Bovus2017
    Bovus2017 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love to cook and love to eat. One of my healthy staples is chili made with extra lean ground beef, crushed tomatoes, red wine (the alcohol and, thus, the empty calories burn off as it cooks) and kidney beans. It's a great combo of high protein, low fat, and healthy (low glycemic) carbs.

I also enjoy fish. From baked haddock with garlic, dill, and Dijon mustard to tilapia with low-salt soy sauce and ginger. And I love sashimi. I'm fortunate to have a fish market close by where I can find really nice tuna caught fresh that morning. Such an excellent source of protein, extremely low in fat (6.63 grams protein, 0.27 grams fat, 0 grams carbs per piece).

Being a happy carnivore I also thoroughly enjoy a good steak. While a good thick ribeye is delicious there are leaner cuts, like sirloin tip side steak and top sirloin. I like marinating mine in red wine, garlic, pepper, Lawry's garlic salt, red onion and teriyaki then throwing it on the grill for a nice sear on the outside.

And, of course, there's our fine feathered friend, the chicken. I stick to skinless and find that a good brine (such as a buttermilk brine) keep breasts moist and bursting with flavor. Among my favorite grilled chicken meals is Peruvian chicken with green sauce. Very easy to make at home where I can also moderate the amount of fat that goes into the green sauce. Adding jalapeños to the sauce is fairly standard and provides a kick of flavor.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    microwavables can be steamer bags of veggies and frozen meats. That to me is the easiest way to meal prep. Cuts down on cooking time a lot.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? What are your maystays in your diet (spicy foods, more asian, sandwiches everyday for lunch, meat and potatoes, etc) and Do you cook or is it hateful?
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Also, are you looking for variety or are you ok with eating similarly everyday?