Any good ab exercises to get rid of belly fat?

Options
Need some at home exercises I can do to get a flatter tummy. Don't have time to go to gym...any suggestions?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Eat less calories....
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    What feline said. To add though, I just started doing kettle bell work outs and it's supposed to be great for your core and it could easily be done at home if you can purchase a few different sizes. (there are plenty of other at home work out options that just use your body weight though if you don't want to buy anything)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, there are no "home" exercises. Core work is supportive rather than an means to an end. Best bets are any of: running, swimming, cycling.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, adjustable dumbbells and Fitness Blender primarily. But my stomach is reduced by losing body fat overall. And asdly, as much as I'd like to choose that fat to come off my thighs a wee bit faster, it's just not possible!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    What feline said. To add though, I just started doing kettle bell work outs and it's supposed to be great for your core and it could easily be done at home if you can purchase a few different sizes. (there are plenty of other at home work out options that just use your body weight though if you don't want to buy anything)

But, building muscle (if that's even likely to happen) without losing the fat over the top will only make you look thicker...
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    tnw9cy1sn8cu.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    fork put downs and table push a ways..

seriously, you can't spot reduce and you need a calorie deficit to lose fat...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat with specific exercise...you just have to continue to lose fat. If the belly area is primary fat stores for you, as it is for most men and many women, it's a first on, last off proposition.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Cardio, plus do ab workout to build and shape your abs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately, this was one of the caution areas I tried to warn you about when very fast weight gain. Cut down on calories (about 15-20% below maintenance), follow a progressive overload lifting program, and give it a lot of time. You might have to cut down to about where you started and then restart with a controlled weight gain.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Stop taking apetamin and trying to gain weight fast.

People don't listen
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

People don't listen

Lol yea u right! And I have...thanks everyone for the input!
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If I could target a specific area in a world where this was possible than it would be my quads. (Sigh)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options

People don't listen

Lol yea u right! And I have...thanks everyone for the input!

Do yourself a favor, set a moderate deficit (where you are losing between 1/2-1lb per week) and follow a 3day full body resistance program. You will probably have to cut for a good period of time because you were overly aggressive with your weight gain, but you could potentially see some benefits. And once you get towards a more lean body, then you can slowly add more weight.

If you want a booty focused program, look at StrongCurves. There is a body weight and barbell program.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1