Low Calorie but fills you up meal suggestions

Options
Brittspady
Brittspady Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I am looking low calorie meals that fill you up.
I eat 3 meals and have snacks in between meals. Getting bored with my meals and want to know what others do!

Looking for high protein.

Replies

• laurencooke987
    laurencooke987 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Breakfast: Porridge oats, Add some fruit or a little bit of honey if you think it's too bland
    Dinner: A grilled chicken fillet with brown rice and some peas
    Lunch: Plain rice cakes with a thin layer of some natural peanut butter with a piece of fruit
    Hope this helps!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Frozen green beans and peas, both are high fibre. Peas are also decent in protein. If you want a really really filling meal use Edamames, very high in both fibre and protein. Edamames will fill you up well. Find them frozen.

Shrimp!! High protein low cal, a bit expensive though.

I'm a sucker for low fat cottage cheese, you could add whatever you want to it. Fruit, veg.

It doesn't taste good but it's high protein and filling. I make a sandwich from rye bread, tuna, Greek yogurt, and powdered peanut butter like "Pb and me". I use the yogurt as the mayonnaise and just mix in the peanut butter. The protein is off the charts if you use enough tuna.
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey cooked with onions, diced tomatoes, garlic, and black beans. Eat with rice. Seriously one of my absolute favorite meals.

Scrambled eggs, rice, and avocado. Very filling and decent protein. Quite delicious.

Eggs and turkey bacon on an english muffin. (cheese if you have the calories)

My favorite go to snack with protein is a boiled egg. Pretty good with just a little sea salt.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek Yogurt and Fiber One Cereal
    AM Snack: Orange
    Lunch: 3oz lean protein, mini bagel with 1/3 fat cream cheese, 100g veggie, 100g fruit.
    PM Snack: Apple
    Dinner: 4oz protein, plus serving of fat (usually oil), 100-200g veggie, 150g carb (rice, bread, pasta, shell, etc).
    Dessert: Halo Top of your choice
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I make a soup or a salad for lunch every week. This weeks soup is about 10 cups of veggies (I used bok choy, onion, carrots, swiss chard, tomato, and some broccoli slaw - I was using up whatever was going to go bad in my fridge), 5 spicy chicken italian sausage links, veggie stock, italian seasoning, tomato sauce, and salt and pepper. It is about 200 calories per huge bowl and 25 grams of protein.
    Most weeks, I just throw a bunch of veggies and some meat and/or beans together with some sort of stock and seasonings and it usually turns out pretty tasty (add salsa for a more mexican style, add coconut milk and some curry for a more indian flavor, etc.).
    I do basically the same for salads. Big bed of greens and crunchy veggies, some sort of protein, and some sort of dressing. Totally filling and tasty.
    If I have room for it in either soup or salad, I'll add plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese for a fat and protein bump.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Omelets for dinner is one of my go-to easy high protein, fairly low-calorie meals.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    what do you consider low calorie for a meal?
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I just pack in a lot of fruits and veggies. Because they often have limited flavor I tend to use high flavor low cal stuff like onions, peppers, capers, k olives, pickles, kimchee etc. When you pack lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapenos and pickles on a sandwich it adds a ton of bulk With few calories. If you add tons of grilled red peppers and onions (No oil) to your chicken salad, same deal. Cook a ton of veggies and see where you can shove them in. I get a weekly fruit/veg box so I try things I wouldn't normally buy
    Maybe check out what is seasonal and get curious about trying them at their best. When the goal is to consume as much nutritious veg as possible, it can change your approach to meals. Good luck!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    how about stir fry- You can cook them using Pam or something so the oil is minimal- I use 2-3 cups of veggies, use cauliflower rice blends(green giant- frozen foods)- some protein- can be cooked chicken or turkey sausage, lean ground turkey or beef- etc- then I use seasonings of my choice- usually very filling and delicious