Introductions

Options
Hello Everyone! Im a 46 year old Male whose Dr. states that Im in Metabolic Syndrome and Pre-Diabetic. I've been ordered to lose weight. I'm 6'0" and 240lbs. Using this app I'm watching my caloric intake, drinking more water and walking 5 miles, 6 days a week and 10 miles on The 7th. Any advice is desired. My next Dr. appointment is September 16th and i'd like to lose as much weight as possible.

Britt

Replies

• diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good luck and follow orders!
  • seanmbritt
    seanmbritt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Sir
  • Shonna454
    Shonna454 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. I working up to 10 miles on the 7th day
  • Bovus2017
    Bovus2017 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey, Britt, congrats on all the activity. Walking is one of the best ways to lose fat - low intensity, long duration exercise is best. Fat burning requires oxygen so if you're ever out of breath during exercise then you've switched over from fat burning to cardiovascular.

I'm also 46 and my doc has me on testosterone. He explained that fat cells have their own testosterone receptor sites which grab testosterone from our blood stream and make less evailable for muscle growth and toning. The more lean body/muscle mass we have the more calories we burn, even at rest.

I was given the pre-diabetic talk a few years ago but once I got my diet worked out (cutting out simple sugars and learning the difference between low glycemic vs high glycemic carbs helped a lot) and upped my activity level things turned around. Now I've been on a good stretch of having my blood sugar stabilized and under control.