Pescatarian mostly vegan just started

Options
Hello world!!! I just started 3 days ago because I've been trying to monitor my carbs more. Curious how are you guys with a similar diet are managing calories? I don't eat dairy or shellfish and I have my activity at low and I AM STARVING!!! Hahahaha how have you overcome? I workout 2-3 days a week cardio and strength training.

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    It mostly depends on how wisely I've prepared food and where I am in my menstrual cycle. If I eat snacky things, I could hit 3000 before I'm full. If I make proper meals and I'm busy and active all day, I could be full on 1500-1800.
  • daniellesmith657
    daniellesmith657 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @HeliumIsNoble do you have some meal plan examples? I haven't gone over my 1800 calories yet but, I don't really get full
  • HeliumIsNoble
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you like spicy food, I find that 100g plain tofu, tinned butterbeans/kidney beans/chickpeas, 100g broccoli, 100g frozen peas, new boiled potatoes (and other things in the salad drawer that are on the turn, e.g. leek) fried in curry sauce and tomato puree is very filling.

Tonight I made butternut squash and kidney bean casserole with vegan Quorn pieces, which worked out very well, especially as I paired it with 30g raw spinach, which is deservedly famous as a weight-loss food. ;)
  • daniellesmith657
    Options
    @HeliumIsNoble thank you!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This may help more.
    Spiced tofu and chickpeas. I apologise for the atrocious food photography.

This is my butternut squash recipe base. Iranian Vegetable Stew. I use Schwartz Season-All* or Reduced Salt Season-All in place of the company's Ras el Hanout, supermarket stock cubes/sachets in place of their mushroom stock, and tomato puree in place of their tomato paste.

*This looks like it has broadly similar composition, for people outside Europe.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Eat veggies and fruit with a lot of fiber - dark leafy greens, apples are also great. Also protein sources like quinoa. Root vegetables are great roasted like beets, also butternut squash, brussel sprouts. The stew in the last post sounds like a filling and satisfying meal.
  • daniellesmith657
    Options
    @HeliumIsNoble thank you for the recipes I'll try them both they look very filling!
  • daniellesmith657
    Options
    @dmkoenig true, I eat a lot of carbs I'm trying to cut back