Does anyone else get pet "help" on the scale?

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Yes. Which is why I have to use it in the bathroom with the door closed. I have 4 cats and they have to be into everything I am doing. Working out is so annoying sometimes. Marceline is the worst. I am constantly accidentally kicking her while working out. Last night I was doing exercises on the floor and she was playing with my hair and when I tried to push her away she attacked my leg. Next while lifting weights she was attacking my legs.

Aww. She's just starved for affection due to her lousy father who ate her fries.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yes. Which is why I have to use it in the bathroom with the door closed. I have 4 cats and they have to be into everything I am doing. Working out is so annoying sometimes. Marceline is the worst. I am constantly accidentally kicking her while working out. Last night I was doing exercises on the floor and she was playing with my hair and when I tried to push her away she attacked my leg. Next while lifting weights she was attacking my legs.

My Monique gets into things if I'm not paying attention to her. Things like cat litter all over the hallway, or TP all over the bathroom. I'm hoping she will outgrow it, but I doubt it.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

My Monique gets into things if I'm not paying attention to her. Things like cat litter all over the hallway, or TP all over the bathroom. I'm hoping she will outgrow it, but I doubt it.
    Awww she might. My oldest cat use to just zip throw the house and climb up walls and doors. And I came home once and she was nicely removing my wallpaper for me. And then she calmed down and now she is old so she is the most boring cat ever. She just lays alone in her bedroom on her bed and once in a while comes out and meows at you to follow her back into her room so you can pet her. I really hope Marceline grows out of destroying everything though.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

Aww. She's just starved for affection due to her lousy father who ate her fries.
    HAHAHAHA! It's funny too because she needs my husband's attention the most. Her and her sister were both bottle fed so they are really needy. My husband wanted to keep her and I wanted to keep her sister, Finn. We ended up keeping both and Marceline is pure evil and Finn is a sweet, innocent kitty who just likes love. I think it turned out rather funny.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I don't have a cat. I have a dog that would occasionally bark at a thumbtack in the wall, and if I tried to get her near the scale, I don't think she'd cooperate.

Do you think your cat could learn about taking turns? Or try a laser pointer aimed at the other end of the room.

Laser pointer has mass. Extra mass not allowed on the scale!

We have 2 dogs but they are generally not allowed in my bedroom or bathroom. PRoblem solved!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    No, but I do get moral support. 10b1356pve16.png
    That's cute and creepy. Those eyes!

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... Yep! I suddenly gained ten pounds from one day to another. Looked farther back on the scale and my cat was standing on the back of it. Crisis averted!
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep, there's usually a jackpoo/cat battle going on behind me if I don't shut the door.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was 3kg heavier this morning because my cat decided the scale needed her front end on it.
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would be very upset if my dog could add his weight to mine. At about 144 pounds that would be a bit of a spike on my weight and bmi charts, which have been faliing nicely for the past 8 months.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I feed mine right before so she is too busy eating to jump on.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    I've got a feral on a campaign to become a house cat. I got on the scale with him once (seemed the easiest way to figure out what he weighed), then without him.

This big boy is a 12-pounder!
    4s42aww6bw04.jpg

Aw, so cute!!! He loooves you! My friend sent me a picture of a cat on a rug with the caption "Came home to find him sleeping here" except, the cat was not hers! She now has two cats, lol.

When they want to live with you... they really want to live with you!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Your dog is absolutely adorable!!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Your dog is absolutely adorable!!

Thank you! She's a big snugglebug!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Hah. Part of the weighing ritual is shouting at Sirocco (one of my three cats) as he winds himself around my legs.