Lost 80, 30 to go~

None of the tools I used to loose the first 80 work for the last 30. I need to exercise and tone more. Does it come to a point where caloric constriction only does so much!? I do cardio 5 days a week for 60 mins. What kind of exercises or toning do you do to make this 30 lbs of ALL belly fat go away!!?? grrrrrrr any suggestions, or tips that helped you??

Replies

• pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Weight lifting! That's a #1 for not only toning, but for maintaining the weight loss. Check out bodybuilding.com you can find me there too (my username is pauterson). There are so many ways of being misguided as a female trying to loose weight. It's really amazing how well the weight training works. I did yo-yoing alot over the last few years because I would get almost to goal with diet and cardio alone, then still not be happy with my skinny yet flabby body. I was afraid to lift weights because I though it would make me big. But - let me tell you, it was the best decision. Cardio + weight training is wonderful! You'll see changes in your body that you never thought possible, even your skin tightens up from weight training. For-sure there is a time when calorie deficit doesn't work any more. Try adding in some weight training (don't be afraid to get some that feel heavy) and increase your protein intake (maybe even add a few calories if you're working out extra hard).

Good luck. 80lbs is alot - 30 is nothin, you can do this. AND - probably even more shaping on your journey to get there. Your body is your canvas, weight lifting forsure helps shape it like a chizzle.

Have a wonderful day!
  • PinUpMommy
    PinUpMommy Posts: 94
    If you're part of a gym, see if they have a Body Pump class or a kettle bell class. Those will both tone you up amazingly well. :-)
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    I definitely agree with the idea of adding strength training if you haven't yet. It will really help you lose the inches as well as continuing to lose pounds. Don't be afraid to go heavy. It takes years of specifically training for women to be able to add much in the way of bulk.

Also, how are your macro nutrient ratios? You may want to consider adding more protein and/or reducing carbs. I don't mean something extreme, small changes can make big differences. For example, if you typically consume 200g of carbs per day, try keeping it at 175 for a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on how far you have come, and good luck with the rest of your journey. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!