Calorie count after weight loss

Options
I started my weight loss journey on 11/11/17. I have lost 30 lbs but My Fitness calories continue to give me the same amount as when I started. How can this be correct? I log faithfully and check in weekly and log my progress. Any suggestions or tips to why this might be happening?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Did you use a custom calorie goal or did you use what MFP gave you? If you use a custom goal it won't update.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Have you gone in and tried to change it? It isn't automatic - you should go through and do the goal again every 10lbs or so.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Just go to Settings->Update diet/fitness profile. It should already be filled in with your current weight. Click on the Update Profile button at the bottom of the page, and it should change your calories to accommodate your current weight.
  • KTRCZ
    KTRCZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I do this it says I should eat 1200 calories a day. I currently eat 1340 calories a day. I keep reading 1200 is not enough calories for a female.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    My best guess is that you choose a goal which took you down to the default setting.
    Did you choose 2lb a week as your goal and did it give you 1200 if female or 1500 if male?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting to still lose weight? if not, change your settings to 'maintain weight'. Or change your settings to lose less per week.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    KTRCZ wrote: »
    When I do this it says I should eat 1200 calories a day. I currently eat 1340 calories a day. I keep reading 1200 is not enough calories for a female.

Lessen your pounds to lose per week by .5. So if you have it set for 2, change to 1.5. If you have it set to 1.5, change to 1...
  • LilGuy1
    LilGuy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used what MFP provided for calories. I have entered the new weight (loss) each week but the calories suggested are not updating with the weight loss. I will review it again with suggestions again but feel it is just not working. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    LilGuy1 wrote: »
    I started my weight loss journey on 11/11/17. I have lost 30 lbs but My Fitness calories continue to give me the same amount as when I started. How can this be correct? I log faithfully and check in weekly and log my progress. Any suggestions or tips to why this might be happening?

Did you happen to take note of where the Dow was on 11/11/17?
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That date is incorrect, was it 11th January you commenced? Such a great loss 30lbs... I wish I had started then haha Keep it up
  • LilGuy1
    LilGuy1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice catch on the date. I started November 2016. Update, my calorie count finally changed and all I did was going into settings to confirm my goals, and activities were set correctly, that was 2 days ago. Today I noticed a minus of 200 calories from original calorie allotment. Thanks for the kudos on weight loss.