Half Way There PICS, 65 lbs down, 65 to go =)

Options
craft338
craft338 Posts: 870 Member
hey everybody! pretty typical story: i've been fat my whole life. my parents saw that i was getting heavy, so they thought that the best way to fix the problem was to take the food away. i'm sure i don't need to explain how the rest of my life went from there, but i definitely felt deprived and remember feeling hungry all the time. since i was a little kid all the way into my 20's, i would always "get in trouble" when my parents saw me eating. it's not their fault, they're old school, and they think that eating less means losing more, and they thought that i was fat because i was sneaking food and sitting on my butt all day. they were really trying to help, but sadly, they just didn't know what they were doing when it came to my weight. (don't bash my parents, they're great, they just don't get food and diets lol)

anyway, i started on this site in January and i have lost 65 pounds in about 6 months. today is my 180th day of MFP, and also my 80th day since i quit smoking. (yes, i quit smoking on my 100th day of MFP because that's how OCD i am with numbers lol :bigsmile: )

i read a lot, watched movies and documentaries, and tried to learn as much about food and nutrition as possible. i eat about 6 times a day, or more if i get hungry, and i never go below 1200 calories. oh, and i'm NEVER hungry anymore!! :drinker: i eat whenever i want, but i just eat as healthy as possible. i replaced most meat with fish, i've cut out as much processed food as possible, and have plenty of raw fruits and veggies. i cheat about once a month or when i feel like i need it, and i usually feel much better the next day. i don't "work out" but i am very active. i walk about 2 miles several times a week, and i have a very active job working with kids.

so, that's basically my story and what i've been doing and it's been awesome! i know the next 65 pounds are gonna be a lot harder than the first 65, but i know i can do it. i'm just excited to post my ACTUAL before and after pics when i reach my goal!! LOL

BEFORE
w1e2hz.jpg
350uedj.jpg

NOW
2crn5vq.jpg
fjnvxd.jpg

Replies

• francesca425
    Options
    OMG CONGRATULATIONS!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou: You look great!!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Great job! You always looked happy but you absolutely glow now!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    You're doin' great, keep it up!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story. I won't bash your folks, I know that old school idea of how to lose weight, I even had it growing up because its how I thought it was done.

Great job overcoming your past and making healthy changes!!!!

You look wonderful! Keep going!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    Awesome job !! You look amazing ;}
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    if you look like that NOW, you're gonna be movie star gorgeous!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Wooo!!!!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight that is history - Keep up the hard work on the next 65 pounds.
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about your parents. I lived with the same thing. They love me, but they never really understood what was going on.

You look so good. I bet you feel even better. Glad to be one of you friends on here. You are definitely helping my motivation. Thanks
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Doing awesome - keep up the good work, and can't wait to see those next set of pics :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    oh WOW! You look FANTASTIC! Congrats to you!!
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    WTG!!! You are doing awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OW! OW! You are one hot mama!!! Way to go :-)
  • hollwoods
    hollwoods Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I too have been watching documentaries and reading reliable articles on food and nutrition. I didn't realize how little I know about the different kinds of fats, and all the hidden sugars and salts in processed foods. You're right in thinking that your next weight-loss goal might be the hardest, but you can do it!!
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Congrats....keep it going, you can do it. U look great
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look greaT!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You've done very well. I remember when you quit smoking ( you set your mind to it and did it) and you've continued to work towards your goal and keep your eyes on the prize - you! I'm so inspired to do better.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring, and you must be proud of how much you've accomplished. You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!