Low carb snacks??!!

Options
2»

Replies

• golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you're not doing low fat, my favorite snack/quick food of the moment is chunks of boneless chicken breast or thigh wrapped in a small piece of bacon (1/3 strip) and grilled on skewers. I bulk prep & cook these and toss them in the fridge. I can eat them cold or pop in the microwave to warm. You can season the chicken however you like.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    pork rinds, pecans, also i have made the following. http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2015/01/avocado-truffle-chocolates-recipe.html#_a5y_p=3257226 they are low carb but bitter because its 100% cacao. They also have fiber and good fats. I make them occasionally and i love them
  • sxs65
    sxs65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like cheese crisps. My grocery has several flavors,cheddar,Asiago Romano and other online or in the big box stores like Costco and Sams,you get a big bag for about 10$ I dip them in pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce. I also like cheese an peanut butter so lve been known to spread some on! Plain is great too.
  • Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb diet as well tonight I just made a cheese cake in a mug I was low on my carbs for today so it wad a tasty treat
  • Kimmie54
    Kimmie54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like making chicken salad... which is rotisserie chicken, mayo, little onion or green onion and celery and sometimes some mustard... really good to eat with avocado... or on romaine...
    Also, jalepeno poppers... not the battered ones... but cut a jalepeno in half fill with cream cheese and wrap with bacon... cook in oven or on bbq... YUM!
    Also BLT's with avocado on romaine instead of bread.
  • Dianakop72
    Dianakop72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sliced turkey rolled up around a little stick of cream cheese. Yummm
  • Tennisskater
    Tennisskater Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Castelvetrano olives (bright green, tastes like butter)
    Flavored Tuna fish pouch mixed with veggies and a little kefir
    10 pistachios
    Carrots or celery with 1oz hummus (large spoonful)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I don't do low carb but cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry jello powder to taste (like 1/4 teaspoon).

I do this with 0% fat plain Greek yogurt (replace 1 cup of water with 1 cup of yogurt which is 1-2 servings, depending on brand.)
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really like THIS Sesame seed crispbread from DietDoctor.com
    I make it as described in the recipe, but with pre-roasted sesame seeds, and substitute 1/4-cup of the sesame seeds with sriracha (hot & spicy) seeds.
    Nutty, filling and delish!
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Homemade guacamole with pork rinds (find low carb version online), deviled eggs or egg salad made with dill pickle relish, mayo, diced celery & cucumber and if like it sweetened add Swerve to taste, mozzarella sticks cut in half, dipped in beaten egg, rolled in a mix of parmesan/almond flour/Italian seasoning/salt and fried, zucchini pizza crust is good just cut into pieces to snack on. There's so many good recipes out there...just google what you are hungry for in low carb...but do check the carb g...I think it depends on whether you are doing keto or just low carb at this point. If you want the benefits of keto it's 20 g a day I believe and if you are doing low carb you can go higher according to your plans.
  • yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped jalapeño peppers stuffed with cream cheese
  • DanielleMiriyaJones
    DanielleMiriyaJones Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Angeled eggs (they are deviled eggs, except you use sour cream instead of mayo) red and orange bell peppers with a flavored cream cheesed spread on it or celery with cream cheese, Parmesan crisps
  • CodyAnn81
    CodyAnn81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pork skins and tuna fish!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I second the beef jerky. I make my own, with lean London broil. The commercial stuff has sugar, but your own can be sugar free and much better tasting. All it requires is a dehydrator or a convection oven that can heat at around 170 fahrenheit or 77 celsius and a rack to hang the strips on.